Babies: 3 - 6 Months

had a mini breakdown today

Long story short:I have to go back to work in August after having my heart set on continuing to be a SAHM. I just started pumping last week and can usually only manage to pump 2-3 times a day to try to build a stash. Problem is, I'm only getting 3oz at most. Even an hour or two after a nursing session. I'm really worried this isn't going to work. I started taking the tea and pills to help with lactation yesterday. To top it off, L has been refusing to take the bottles from his papa. Milk wasted:-( I think the crying was inspired by all that plus a nap fighting baby today. Anyone out there that can tell me there's hope?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: had a mini breakdown today

• I wish I had some advice but all I can say is that I know it will be okay. I'm sorry you have to go back to work even though you wanted to be a SAHM. Glad you have until August!!

Regarding supply and demand... You haven't been pumping for very long so you still have time to get better at it. The more I do it, the more I am able to produce. You should read kellymom for more pumping advice. Also, your LO hasn't been taking the bottle for long so give him some time to get used to it and try different bottle brands. GL!! :)   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"