Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Napping: tell me your tricks

I'm having such a tough time lately getting DS to nap for any substantial time.  He'll sleep for a few minutes but then is up again!  After he's been up playing for an hour or so, I swaddle him, give him his paci, rock him till drowsy, then put him down in his crib in his room with shade down, fan on for white noise, pat his tummy gently a couple of times and tiptoe out.  I assume he goes to sleep because I don't hear a peep, but then he's crying for me within 15 minutes.  I've been trying to just give him back his paci each time he wakes but usually the same thing goes on for an hour.  Rock, lay, wait, cry, repeat.  What gives?!

What are your tricks for a good nap for baby?  What am I doing wrong?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Napping: tell me your tricks

• I follow the 4 hour EASY routine for DS.  I run a structured schedule each day.  I'm a nut like that but it works for me.  We may go off a bit on a weekend day with DH but thats about it.  D naps about 9:15 each day and around 2:00 each day.  Some days he will now drop his catnap early evening but other days still needs it.  And when he naps I do the same thing each day, he gets a story, music on, diaper change, in the crib awake.  My suggestion would be to watch his cues and write his daily activity down.   That will help you to see his awake and sleep times.  Give it time and you should be able to see success.  However your LO is a bit younger than mine so you should continue to be flexible.  Best of luck:)  I love the Baby Whisper book which is where I learned the EASY routine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just follow his cues and when he's having a REALLY rough time settling down I lay with him and sing to him and play with his hair. Sometimes I do that just because, too. Smile 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"