June 2011 Moms
Options

Bathtime advice

Just wondering what tricks and tips you might have for making bathtime more enjoyable for LO? He screamed through his first real bath today. We had the room dimly lit and warm. I also kept a warm washcloth over his tummy during the whole process... TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bathtime advice

• Options

My LO likes it when I dribble the warm water over her head. She usually fusses a bit at first but once I pour the water over her head it seems to calm her down.

Also, if it was his first real bath it may take a couple of times for him to get used to it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My LO cried through his first real bath too.  I just worked as quickly as I could.  Things got much better for the next one.  I try to make sure he has been fed and is happy before I give him the bath. 

I also wash his body quickly with baby soap and warm water, wrap him in a towl with his head uncovered and then wash his hair and run that under the faucet (just the top and back of his head, not his face).  The nurse at the hospital gave us this tip when she washed him after delivery.  She said that they liked the water running over their head because of the AF.  He tends to relax into it when we do it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For my boys, I found that giving them their baths not to long after a bottle helped. I also used the rag over the belly trick. I just had FI keep pouring the warm water over the rag. I'm sure after the next couple of times your LO will be a bath time champ!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Erica & Justin
    Parents of Ethan-4 Spencer-1 Peyton-3months
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

My LO screamed the entire time I bathed him for the first few weeks.  I finally learned that he loves the sound of the water running (I was putting him in the tub with the water already ran before).  Now he lays back and almost falls asleep!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"