Parenting after a Loss

Vaccinations & Tylenol

We have shots tomorrow and he was a total mess after the last round.  I was just looking up when to give Tylenol and found research saying it dampens immune response to the vaccines.  I won't be able to ask our pedi beforehand.  Anyone gotten advice from their doctors on this?
---------------------------------------------------------------
4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  

Re: Vaccinations & Tylenol

• IDK. I still say give your baby meds if they seem uncomfortable. If they are fine - playful, eating well, etc - no need to medicate, even for a fever. But I'd probably wait and see how he does before giving Tylenol. Just my 2 cents.
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
  • Ours recommends we do not give rx beforehand. DD has handled them pretty well except for 6 months.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I read that before DD2s 2month shots so didn't give it but brought it with. Ped said no tylonol before only after if needed.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    4 losses (cp Feb 28 09, mc April 9 09 (5w5d), mc Aug 10 09 (7w1d), d&c Apr 12 10 (grew to 6w3d, mc confirmed at 8w5d). RX: Overies PCOS (hormones normal) & Balanced Translocation of Ch. 7 & 13 (40-50% mc risk)

Cooking Blog
  • My pedi said to only give if LO is acting outta sorts and/or has a fever.  Otherwise- giving tylenol before can hinder the immune system from actually doing it's job.  SO personally- I would not pre-medicate.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelkstor:
    IDK. I still say give your baby meds if they seem uncomfortable. If they are fine - playful, eating well, etc - no need to medicate, even for a fever. But I'd probably wait and see how he does before giving Tylenol. Just my 2 cents.
    That's what our doc said. And fwiw she was awful after her two mo shots but did fine for her 4 mo ones.
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

• My pedi told me to wait and see how she did before giving her Tylenol. He was fine with giving it to her if she needed it, but he's of the "don't medicate unless you need to" school of thought.
  • I only had to use it today (day after her 6 month shots) because she developed a fever of 102.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"