June 2011 Moms

??'s About pumping

Yesterday I was curious to see how much milk I could get by pumping, as my milk had just come in. I pumped 1oz. It's been in the fridge since yesterday. Is it ok to add to that 1oz and then freeze it? Or is it too late to freeze it? Is it ever ok to add to small stashes of milk from different pumping sessions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ??'s About pumping

• It is perfectly fine! I've been storing mine in the fridge until I hit 5oz then I transfer to a bag for freezing. You can also add freshly pumped milk to a container with frozen milk, so long as the amount you are adding is less than the amount already frozen.
  • raeg13raeg13 member
    I read that it is better to chill both sets of milk before you add them together and not add warm milk to chilled milk.  When I was pumping I would put the fresh milk in the fridge in the container, and then once it was chilled I would add it.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I was wondering why you are freezing it right away. Milk stays good in the fridge for 5 days and after being frozen it looses a lot of antibodies and good bacteria. If you aren't going to use it within 5 days I would freeze it but if not I wouldn't. Also I agree with PP's that it is fine to add milk. But as PP said better that it's chilled before adding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"