Babies: 0 - 3 Months

A very frustrated mother needs help...

My daughter is almost 3 months old and within the past two weeks has not let anyone hold her for more than 2 minutes without screaming. My husband, my in-laws, my sister...NO ONE can hold her without her crying like someone hurt her. As soon as I get her back she quiets down and is a happy baby again. Isn't it a bit too early for seperation anxiety?

My husband and I have been trying to sit right next to each other so she can see him and get acquainted with him all while I'm holding her...then I'll pass her off to him and he'll hold her until she starts to cry then he'll pass her back to me and she'll quiet down and we'll do that a couple of times...hoping it will help. Does anyone have any advice as to what in the heck I should be doing to correct this? I love my holding my daughter but I'd also love if someone else could hold her for a bit!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: A very frustrated mother needs help...

• It could be that she likes the specific way you hold her and your smell. Try wearing one of your husbands shirts during the day, then when he gets home take it off and have him put it on, that way it has your smell on it. You can also try a sling or carrier on someone else if she likes that, since she will be in the same position regardless of who holds her. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oooo...both of your suggestions are great! I'll definetly try the t-shirt tip! Thanks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • AZ123AZ123 member

As painful as it is, it probably would help if you just left the house and took a walk around the block to have your husband figure a way to hold her and calm her down but also not have her smell him.

But, keep in mind that with every stage, they pass really quickly so it may be this way this week but won't be that way the next.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAZ123:

As painful as it is, it probably would help if you just left the house and took a walk around the block to have your husband figure a way to hold her and calm her down but also not have her smell him.

But, keep in mind that with every stage, they pass really quickly so it may be this way this week but won't be that way the next.

This!   

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • imagekacelle:
    imageAZ123:

This!   

this - it may be hard but id try it

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I go to a mommy group at the hospital where I delivered at; it's lead by a lactation consultant.  At today's group, we were talking about getting LO to take a bottle from DH.  She said to take a shirt of yours (unwashed, with your scent on it) and have DH put it over his shoulder like a burp cloth.  I would suggest trying that while your DH is holding her.  It's worth a shot....
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"