Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Should we stay or should we go?

We're supposed to head out of town this weekend to visit family (4 hours away), an annual trip we have planned and very much looking forward to.  DD started getting sick yesterday.  DH took her to the pedi today.  He ruled out ENT issues and a bladder infection.  All he could tell us was that it "might be a viral infection."  She had a 102 temperature but it's under control for now.  She's slept well today and is acting much more like her normal self.

We had planned to leave tomorrow afternoon, but are on the fence with whether we should go.  We'll be at a ranch house all weekend with 15 other adults and 6 other children (no plans to leave the ranch).  We want to do what's best for DD, don't want to chance getting others sick, but we really want to go...we only see this part of the family 1-2 times a year.

Any thoughts or suggestions?  TIA!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Should we stay or should we go?

• Options
    stay home...don't spread it if it's viral and plus you never know how it may turn out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Can you hold off leaving for another day or so instead of leaving tomorrow? That way you will have the chance to see if DD is really feeling better. HTH!
    image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I would be pissed if my kid got sick because someone knowingly brought their sick LO to a get together. If you don't think it is contagious and she is in good spirits I would say go for it. But if you agree with the pedi that it may be a virus and contagious I would hold off on going.

Can you maybe go Saturday afternoon? Maybe give it an extra day to run it's course. Your DD is beautiful by the way!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If you can push it off for another day, I'd wait and see how she is tomorrow. If not, I probably would skip it.
  • Options
    imagemamaregan:

I would be pissed if my kid got sick because someone knowingly brought their sick LO to a get together. If you don't think it is contagious and she is in good spirits I would say go for it. But if you agree with the pedi that it may be a virus and contagious I would hold off on going.

Can you maybe go Saturday afternoon? Maybe give it an extra day to run it's course. Your DD is beautiful by the way!

I definitely don't want to pass it on to others cause I'd be mad too. We've contemplated waiting to leave until Sat just to give her an extra day. DH and I are talking more about it when he gets home from work, but giving it an extra day sounds most reasonable at this point. Thanks for sweet comment about my DD :). And thank you for your feedback.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"