Babies on the Brain

Camera question

I think I need a new camera - mine is eating batteries. It shows "low battery" and shuts off immediately after putting new batteries in it.

I called the customer service number and since the warranty expired (DAMN IT! It has been broken for several months and the warranty just expired in May. Why do I procrastinate?!?) My two options: pay $89 plus s&h and insurance to mail it in to be repaired or but a refurbished camera from Canon.

I am thinking of just buying a new camera. It won;t be that much more and it will be brand new. 

So - I don't want a DSLR (well, I do - but we cannot afford one right now, nor do I know how to work one!) Can anyone recommend a decent point and shoot camera? One quality that is important to me is the "reload" time between pics. Brooke runs away while I am taking her pic so I need to be quick.

Didn't realize how long this would be - TIA for reading and helping!! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Camera question

• I have an Olympus that I really like. Lots of settings and quick between shots. I don't think the exact one I have is still around anymore - I've had mine since 2007 - but I think the brand as a whole is pretty good.

eta: Mine is really close to this one.

imageVisit The Nest! image
  • I have a nikon cool pix that's years old that I still love. It needs a new battery, but they're only $30 and a rechargeable. I'm not sure about the new model, I would assume it's just as good. I recommend it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • How about a Superzoom?  Check out the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35.  It also takes excellent HD video.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm a big fan of the Canon point and shoots.  We have an SD1100 that we keep in the diaper bag now that we have a dslr.

Also, the Canon point and shoots are known for having great battery life, just so you know.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"