December 2011 Moms
Options

MIL from Hell Email (not mine from online)

I don't know if this has been posted here or not, but I just saw this:

https://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Mother-In-Law-Email-Carolyn-Bournes-Stern-Etiquette-Message-To-Heidi-Withers-Goes-Viral/Article/201106416021513?lpos=UK_News_Second_Home_Page_Feature_Teaser_Region_0

This crazy mother-in-law sent an email to her future Daughter in law about her bad manners... After all the crazy MIL posts I thought some of you would get a kick out of this.

Married June 2008 DD Born Nov 2011 TTC #2 Since March 2013
4/8/2014 BFP ---- 4/10/14 c/p
imageimage image

Re: MIL from Hell Email (not mine from online)

• Options
    I just read that on Yahoo.  And seeing as how she already hates her, spreading it all over the internet via email was probably not a wise idea for this DIL.  Should have taken the high road...
  • Options
    Haha, that was great! Some of what the MIL said I'm sure was true, but the part at the beginning where she said she had no right to say what she could and couldn't eat, and then find out the girl is Diabetic was going a bit far IMO.
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh no, I agree, I think both sides are at fault. I had to find the whole email though, because the whole "you should eat what I serve you" made me mad, and I wanted to see what the girl had. I don't know if maybe she is on a strict diet for her diabetes? (Having celiac, I get pissed when my ILs tell me to suck it up and just eat something. Or they tell me its gluten free when its not.)

I realise this is only one side and maybe the DIL has no manners, I just can't believe how snobbish this lady comes off. Especially since the bride's parents lost their jobs.

As to the whole spreading it all over the internet... I doubt that is how she menat it to happen. It says she sent it to a few friends, and they sent it to others... I doubt she meant it to make national/world news. But if she did then yes, she is not helping the situation.

Married June 2008 DD Born Nov 2011 TTC #2 Since March 2013
    4/8/2014 BFP ---- 4/10/14 c/p
    imageimage image
  • Options
    My coworker sent that to me today... she said, "and you though your MIL was bad" haha!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That was great to read.  The girl did sound like an awful houseguest, though.  I have no idea how Heidi is going to carry on and marry into that family.  Sorry, I think I'd have to break up with that guy just because that woman would be in my life.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i think the worst part was the last bit about the wedding. maybe she is going overboard but saying that her parents were wrong not to save money for the wedding and they should do something that "befits both your incomes" is so RUDE. she may be right but that sounds SO snobby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Wow, I'm glad thats not my MIL. Shame on the both of them. If you don't want people knowing all about your business then keep it off the internet. That MIL would hate our families then, were more of a, mi casa es su casa.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Ok, some of the things in this email did seem to perhaps be bad manners, but nothing seemed that horrible.  If her upbringing didn't include regular sit down or formal dinners, then she was probably just doing what she was used to.  Is reaching for seconds that horrible?  It didn't say that she was belching at the table! 

And the whole sleeping in thing, if this chick is really that bad, then why would they want her to get up early?  Seems they could sit around feeling better than her while she slept.  

It also doesn't seem to be this MIL's place to pass judgment on the DIL's parents about how they chose to save their money.

Yes, the lack of manners I see in the world these days are certainly lacking, but this email was way over the top, but clearly these feelings had been brewing for some time.

It doesn't seem likely these individuals will ever be one big happy family.

image Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"