Food Allergy
Options

One More: Talk to me about Immuno Therapy

Where are you guys with Immuno Therapy?  Its been brought up at several appts and my husband is 100% against it.  I don't know where I stand, I'm still in the information stage.  What do you guys think? 
Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
<3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
Asher Benjamin  April 2010
Lola Aisling  May 2014

Re: One More: Talk to me about Immuno Therapy

• Options
    My husband had weekly allergy shots until the age of 6 or 7.  He now has seasonal allergies, but his food allergies are gone.  We have not discussed this with our allergist yet because it's still so new to us, but we will consider it as an option if she agrees.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I can understand reservations about subjecting your child to 3-5 years of shots for something that might not work and might make things worse. But, I also know that the charm of not having a reaction may swaysome people into enduring the inconvenience/discomfort. This article is from a good source and might be a good jumping off point for you and your husband to discuss the shots.

https://www.aaaai.org/patients/topicofthemonth/1106/

It's my understanding that shots aren't recommended for food allergies or for children under the age of 5, so you probably have plenty of time to discuss pros and cons. Good Luck.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i personally will wait until my son is 5 to hope he will naturally outgrow his food allergies.  If he hasn't by then, I'm assuming at 5 he will be able to tell me if he wants shots or not so i will SORT of have him make the decision.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"