TTC After a Loss

I have an "is it safe" question, DS mentioned

Our family is going to Six Flags on Sunday. I'll be 11dpo. I don't really want to test that early in case I get a BFP but it ends up being another c/p. I'd rather wait to test until/ if I'm late. I'm not really a huge ride person so it normally wouldn't be an issue. This is the first year DS has been tall enough to ride one of the roller coaster. It's not a kid one but it's very tame for a roller coaster and is pretty small. I also remember it being pretty smooth. DS really wants me to go on it but I wonder if I should in case I'm KU. I know you aren't suppossed to ride certain rides while pregnant but what about the 2ww?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I have an "is it safe" question, DS mentioned

• I would go on it for sure. I would probably avoid the big rides though...but that is because they give me whiplash and a headache that lasts for a week. Have fun!

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• My understanding about the risk was the jerky movements causing placental abruption. This isn't an issue that early, and for a gentle, kid-safe coaster, it's probably no more dangerous than being in a car that brakes suddenly. I would probably avoid the big coasters for peace of mind, but what you're describing doesn't sound too risky. If, on the other hand, it's going to cause you anxiety, then can you skip it and have DH take your son instead?

Good luck, and no matter what, have a good time at Six Flags!

• Loading the player...
  • This came up awhile ago. The general consensus was it is totally fine, go and have a great time!! 
    Married my best friend 6/28/08
    DD born 4/3/10 BFP 4/9/11 missed mc @10w4d- forever loved
    BFP 8/21/11 EDD 4/29/12
    imageimageimage Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Have a great time!!!

I agree with the PP. Avoid the big ones, but if it's a nice smooth one, go for it!

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"