Babies on the Brain

Is anyone on here into vinyls? 45s/LPs/etc

I'm going through a record collection and doing some research and a looking for someone who knows more than I do (which is very little).  I'm going for dinner right now, but I'll be back shortly. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  

Re: Is anyone on here into vinyls? 45s/LPs/etc

• My H might know something.  He's really into music.
    Om nom nom
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for the help offers....I'm looking for some sort of online catalog to find out more information (release date, catalog numbers, values/rarity).  I've found all kinds of printed guides, but I'm not finding much online.  

Oh----and how can you tell what pressing it is?  I've got some very old 45's (rca victors, etc) and I'm wondering if I've got any first pressings.   

He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Loading the player...
  • imagescatteredtrees:

I can help you with the pressing question. 

There is a letter/number combo on the back or the spine of the album cover. For example, on the back top right corner of Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, the code is SMAS 2653. You can use a search engine like www.discogs.com and it can tell you what pressing it is.

When you search, just make sure you search by catalog number. The link should send you to the advanced search.

https://www.discogs.com/search?q=&btn=&type=all  

ETA: spelling and to say this website is how I found out my Sgt Pepper album, which I bought for 8 bucks was a first pressing and worth well over what I purchased it for. Good luck! 

I've been looking at that site, but alas, the records are in a different place than me so all I have is the artist and either album name or (in the case of the 45s) the two tracks.  

I do know, however, that I've got this, still sealed in the original plastic (and am still in the process of peeing my pants).  

https://www.popsike.com/Elvis-Presley-Aloha-From-Hawaii-Chicken-Of-The-Sea/310313362960.html 

• imagescatteredtrees:
    imageBallSox:
    imagescatteredtrees:

I can help you with the pressing question. 

There is a letter/number combo on the back or the spine of the album cover. For example, on the back top right corner of Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, the code is SMAS 2653. You can use a search engine like www.discogs.com and it can tell you what pressing it is.

When you search, just make sure you search by catalog number. The link should send you to the advanced search.

https://www.discogs.com/search?q=&btn=&type=all  

ETA: spelling and to say this website is how I found out my Sgt Pepper album, which I bought for 8 bucks was a first pressing and worth well over what I purchased it for. Good luck! 

I've been looking at that site, but alas, the records are in a different place than me so all I have is the artist and either album name or (in the case of the 45s) the two tracks.  

I do know, however, that I've got this, still sealed in the original plastic (and am still in the process of peeing my pants).  

https://www.popsike.com/Elvis-Presley-Aloha-From-Hawaii-Chicken-Of-The-Sea/310313362960.html 

Oh wow- that's awesome! So are you interested in selling your albums to collectors or are you just curious? I've actually never bought from true collectors, just some yahoo on ebay who has no idea what he has.

I don't know where you're located, but in some areas, you can take them into some record shops and they can set you up with appraisers. I'm tempted to do this with my Beatles collection- especially my white album. 

I'm trying to research some background information  so that I go into an appraisal or selling situation with some information.  Right now the record is kind of in limbo.  I asked someone who was just tossing them (it and the others) away if I could look up the values.  So technically, currently, it's in my possession, but I'm going to present it to her to see what she wants to do with it.  Even if I just get a portion of the profits, it'll be a nice little check, ykwim? I'm going to suggest to her that she sell it to whomever wants to buy it for close to that price.  What I've found out is that it's sold for much more than that, but that was a few years ago, so with the economy, I'm not expecting to get more than that.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"