TTC After a Loss
Options

Buying condoms makes me feel like a teenager.

I know it's silly, but I'm going to giggle the entire time I'm sure. I'm going to pick up a box of condoms this week.

We're cleared to have sex as of Tuesday next week, but not cleared to conceive. I figured the easiest form of birth control for the approx 2-3 weeks (assuming AF shows up around 2-3 weeks later) is condoms.

DH and I have been together for so many years, and before this round of TTC I was on birth control pills. We haven't used condoms together in over a decade. It almost seems like it'll be a fun experiment, but from what I remember from way back when, I didn't particularly like them so I'm sure the "fun" of it all will be short-lived. He's totally not liking the idea of using them, but is also freaked out about me getting pregnant before AF against doctor's orders, so he's on board.

Any tips for this old lady? Don't put it on him with my teeth? (just kidding)

Re: Buying condoms makes me feel like a teenager.

• Options
    HAHA... I felt the same way when we used condoms after the m/c. You could try with your teeth.... Stick out tongue
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ahhh, condoms. I just had a big "argument" with DH the other day about how long it has been since we used them. He of course swore it was much longer ago than it actually was, but going on 6 years here. From what I remember you might want to pick up some lube too, which always made me blush even more ;-) 
    Married my best friend 6/28/08
    DD born 4/3/10 BFP 4/9/11 missed mc @10w4d- forever loved
    BFP 8/21/11 EDD 4/29/12
    imageimageimage Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagesweepie412:
    Ahhh, condoms. I just had a big "argument" with DH the other day about how long it has been since we used them. He of course swore it was much longer ago than it actually was, but going on 6 years here. From what I remember you might want to pick up some lube too, which always made me blush even more ;-) 

Oh lube, good thinking.

• Options
    HAHA!  We ordered them online.
  • Options
    LOL, I totally know what you mean!  I made my DH buy them!
  • Options
    Yeah, it's pretty bad. And I was in WAL-MART buying a pregnancy test (didn't have betas - had to get a negative test) and condoms. 0_o I couldn't do it. I waited until my H got off work and we went to Walgreen's!

Well-behaved women rarely make history.

BFP #1 ~ 4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum 6.2.11 | D&C 6.9.11
    DX Unicornuate Uterus 4.12
    BFP #2 ~ 10.12.12 | m/c 11.25.12 | D&C 2.8.13

BFP #3 ~ 12.11.13 | heartbeat ~12.20 :) | no heartbeat ~12.27 | D&C 1.6.14

BFP #4 ~ 7.20.14 | EDD 3.29.15 | heartbeat x2 eeek! ~ 8.4 | heard heartbeat-120 ~ 8.8 |

11.6.14 Courtland Jeremiah & Landon Joseph born sleeping

• Options

I swear, using them is even worse than buying them. I hate feeling like a college kid again---like you said, SO many years ago when we had to use them. Sigh. Makes me feel old and sad to be reminded about the loss with every 'dom use. Apparently DH says he doesn't mind (yet) but that is only because we had to wait for 8 weeks while I bled/had surgery/had to rest. I'm sure by our second month of TTA he will be singing a different tune but oh well.

Have fun with your experiment!

Another blogger! My Life in Transition.

Married 05.27.07
    BFP#1 - 07.07.09 | EDD 03.14.10 | Truman Anthony born @38w 03.01.10
    BFP#2 - 03.24.11 | EDD 11.29.11 | missed MC found @9w 04.26.11 | D&C @16w 06.13.11
    BFP#3 - 09.17.11 | EDD 05.29.12 | It's a girl!!!
    My BFP Chart
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **my labor buddy is Sweepie412**

• Options

I hate to use them too! I felt silly buying them.

I usually put them on and that makes it better for DH...I don't use my teeth though LOL

• Options
    DCWJesDCWJes member

Ahhh...condoms. lol. After our first miscarriage, we used condoms. Then we ran out, and kept forgetting to buy them. So, a month later, I picked up another box (there was a cart at the grocery store full of clearance condoms! Most of which were close to out of date but I found a box with a fairly long expiration date). So, I bought them, and we didn't DTD for a week or two and I got my 3rd BFP. Which was my 2nd m/c. We didn't open the clearance condoms until a few weeks ago. *sigh* Unfortunately, I am usually the one buying them, I go for the ones "for her pleasure" lol. But I buy them at Walgreens or Walmart. Its normal for me. Only thing embarassing about buying them was when I bought the clearance condoms, DD was with us and I had to ask the clerk to hand them back to me because I didn't need to explain that to my 7 year old! So I shoved them in my excessively large purse.

GL and I wouldn't suggest putting them on with your teeth, it would taste terrible!

I have short term memory loss. Do not take it personally if I do not remember you right away.
    No longer trying to conceive at all.
    BFP #1 12/1/02 DD born 7/25/03 
    BFP #2 7/23/10 EDD 3/30/11 m/c 8/17/10 We will always miss you Angelique Marie! 
     BFP #3 4.13.11 EDD 12.18.11 m/c 5/13/11 d&c 5/18/11 We will always miss you Sprout Ryker! 
     Lucky Lee (furbaby) born 1.29.12 
     Midnight Marie (furbaby) born 7.4.12 passed for unknown reasons 9.19.12 Missing my jumping bean. 
    image image
    image image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    ♥♥ Pg/PAL Welcome! ♥♥ 
    http://indulgy.com/post/4gbObIOiC1/bazinga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"