December 2010 Moms

NBR: "Keyboard stuttering."

I don't get it. I have a lot of cousins (well, actually they are my cousins' children--we have a large family) who I am friends with on FB. Quite a few are in the 18-25 age set. And often on their pics or their walls or their status updates I'll see things like, "Heyyyy" or "Loook" or "Brotherrrr" or "Freakyyy". Um, I don't get it? Keyboard stuttering=cool? I mean, if you're in such a hurry, you could've just left off a few letters.

And while we're at it--duck face? What IS the point? I have 2 cousins in particular who do this in EVERY SINGLE PHOTO. To the point where I have no idea what they REALLY look like (I haven't seen them since they were 10 and 12)... It's just... odd.

Oh and realizing that I don't understand these things of the "younger set" (as we refer to them in our fam) makes me feel OLD.

Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015

Re: NBR: "Keyboard stuttering."

• imagelvmcc:
    What's duck face?!?!  I don't get adding extra letter unless it's for dramatic effect.

Kissy lips? I guess it was something the Olsen twins started.

https://antiduckface.com/

I'm sure if I scrolled through a few pages I would see my cousins.

Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • lol at the duck face.  i never heard of that or even seen FB friends do that.  a lot of my FB friends do the peace sign and that bugs the heck out of me.

ill admit i do the keyboard stuttering but i didnt know there was a name for it lol.  i type it as the way i would say it.  for instance, the other day griffin had diarrhea and i posted here "diarrhea, help meeeee!" or something like that.  if i were talking to someone IRL i would've said "meeeeee" the same way... like as if i were whining sort of.  or if something crazy happened and i wanted to scream then i would type "AHHHH" and thats how i would scream IRL too.  i wouldnt just go "Ah.  eh im just babbling now lol 

• Loading the player...
  • imagexxbabycakesxx:

lol at the duck face.  i never heard of that or even seen FB friends do that.  a lot of my FB friends do the peace sign and that bugs the heck out of me.

ill admit i do the keyboard stuttering but i didnt know there was a name for it lol.  i type it as the way i would say it.  for instance, the other day griffin had diarrhea and i posted here "diarrhea, help meeeee!" or something like that.  if i were talking to someone IRL i would've said "meeeeee" the same way... like as if i were whining sort of.  or if something crazy happened and i wanted to scream then i would type "AHHHH" and thats how i would scream IRL too.  i wouldnt just go "Ah.  eh im just babbling now lol 

ALL of this.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Are you referring to the "Look Away Tuna?"

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• teenagers doing the duck face is fine, but I have more than one 25+ year old girl friends who do it in every picture.   it's just.. pathetic. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebabyonthebrain2010:
    teenagers doing the duck face is fine, but I have more than one 25+ year old girl friends who do it in every picture.   it's just.. pathetic. :(

maybe they think it looks sexy?  (when really it looks effing ridiculous) 

• imageOhSewCrafty:

Are you referring to the "Look Away Tuna?"

Lol that pic is awesome! My niece has her own language I swear I don't get her FB babble and she is all about the duck face along with a few other people i know what happened to just smiling.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"