Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Cradle cap help (older non cradly child)

HELP! I'm so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so tired of this cradle cap on Ariel's head. It's bad. It's like the whole top of her head and thick. You can't really tell because her hair covers it but I can see it through her hair (possibly because I obsess over it). When I am able to remove some of it, it just comes back and it takes the hair off with it (so yuck). So I got a good quart patch off today and now she has a nice healthy looking spot of skin with minimal hair and I know it's just going to be back in a couple of weeks. I asked her pedi about it (for like the 4th time) and she recommended some shampoo but I've never heard of it before and haven't seen it around so I don't even know where to get it.

I seriously don't care if it's ef, or chemical laden not at this point. Enough is enough. 

Oh and I've done the oil and comb thing and it's just not cutting it anymore now that she has so much hair. And again, it just comes back. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cradle cap help (older non cradly child)

• Options

I remember C had that too, until he was like two years old.  You couldn't really see it much because of his hair, but it irked me.  I never really did anything about it (other than pick at it, lol) and it just went away sometime when I wasn't paying attention.

I realize that's not a helpful answer at all, but I can commiserate.  :)

Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
  • Options
    dr b's tto soap helps us
    Natural M/C-> 10/21/09

2011 Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge
    Adrienne has read 16 books toward her goal of 80 books.
    hide
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Parker is just like this.  Her hair comes out in clumps because that's how much cradle cap she has.  We've used the Target brand version of the Neutrogena T-Gel so I'd start there.  It wasn't strong enough for Parker so she has a prescription for a special shampoo and steroid drops in case, which we haven't used yet but probably should...

Let me know if you want to know the name.  I can pass it along. 

• Options
    imageEnglishMajor03:

Parker is just like this.  Her hair comes out in clumps because that's how much cradle cap she has.  We've used the Target brand version of the Neutrogena T-Gel so I'd start there.  It wasn't strong enough for Parker so she has a prescription for a special shampoo and steroid drops in case, which we haven't used yet but probably should...

Let me know if you want to know the name.  I can pass it along. 

Thanks I'll keep that in mind. I just oiled and combed it all out (along with a fair amount of her hair) :(  and I'm going to try the dr. B's tto. If that doesn't work I'll try T-gel and keep my fingers crossed! 

I'd just leave it be but, like you, it takes her hair out with it! She'd have really  noticeably patchy hair if the longer hair from the back (where there is no cradle cap) didn't cover it up. It's like a toddler comb over.

• Options

I just thought L was crazy because he still had it!  I'm glad I'm not alone, although he isn't as old...yet.  

Thanks for asking though cause now I have some things to try.  ;)

ETA:  Oh, and I've also heard that head and shoulders can works wonders for it. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I would try rubbing some baking soda on it (dry), and getting a soft brush to rub, then rinse with vinegar.

• Options
    imageMissyOlivePants:

I would try rubbing some baking soda on it (dry), and getting a soft brush to rub, then rinse with vinegar.

Hmmm really? Have you tried that with success? I'm always up for using stuff I already have around the house. Now how to get the vinegar in her hair without getting it in her eyes!

• Options

I've heard that coconut oil is a good remedy.

But that's my answer for everything these days.  

Jack Donovan, b. Christmas Eve, 2009.

imagemonkeybuttjunction image

• Options

Head and Shoulders works for ds. 

After I massage it into his head I let it sit for about 3-4 minutes before rinsing out. While it's sitting I take a fine tooth comb and comb his hair.  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

In my bag
    d90
    50mm f/1.2 * 28-85mm (Macro) f/3.5-4.5 * 70-300mm f/3.5-4.5
    Opteka Fisheye Adapter * Lightscoop
  • Options
    California baby's calendula cream worked pretty well for us.  Don't know how it would work for a kid with a lot of hair though. 
  • Options
    We put TTO in S's shampoo for her in the summer because she gets patches of it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"