Baby Names

Should I name my girl Unique?

Just kidding!! I would never :p

But, just for fun ... I've seen posts about ppl naming their baby Unique. Do you think it is pronounced like the word "unique" or do you think it is pronounced like "yoo-nee-kwaa" like the character on Nick Jr's Backyardigans? 

Either way, NMS!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Should I name my girl Unique?

• You could name your baby Euqinu (unique spelled backwards)  ;-)  Hahaha...I crack myself up.
  • imageMrkyrain:
    You could name your baby Euqinu (unique spelled backwards)  ;-)  Hahaha...I crack myself up.

LOL awesome!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I went to high school with a girl named Unique, pronounced like the word unique. You-neek.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I taught a girl a few years ago whose name was pronounced "Unique" but was spelled "Uniquic".  Her mother's name was "Special".  Indifferent
  • I can say one nice thing about the many babies named, Unique out there...at least it's spelled correctly. Youneek, Yunique, Uunike = *face palm*

ETA: I just noticed that you're having twins, so really the best twin names would be...

Unique Nevaeh and Special Heaven

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • I used to work with someone named Unique...she was crazy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lydia Eloise (5/25/10)
    Nora Annabelle (2/14/12)
    M/C 6.5 weeks (1/29/14) EDD (9/21/14)
  • imageMrkyrain:
    You could name your baby Euqinu (unique spelled backwards)  ;-)  Hahaha...I crack myself up.

tee-hee!!! 

BFP#1 11/10* DS Born via Cesarean 7/11* BFP#2 EDD 1/31/14 *M/C 6/13* BFP #3 RCS 3/14/14
    Brothers!
    "I wish that I could bake a cake, made out of rainbows and smiles. And we would all eat it and be happy." 
  • I actually knew a girl in elementary school named Unique ...pronounced just like the word.

• imagealindt:
    do you think it is pronounced like "yoo-nee-kwaa" like the character on Nick Jr's Backyardigans? 
    Actually, her name is spelled Uniqua.

And just where have you seen these "posts"? A bumpie is naming her daughter Unique? Or someone just knows someone who named their daughter this?

• I would never name my child unique.. I can just hear my cousin who once said:

"You are unique and different.. just like everybody else! "

Baby #1: m/c at 5 weeks (2011)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Baby #3: missed m/c found at 11.5 weeks (2013)
    Baby #4: missed m/c at 10 weeks (2013)
    Baby #5: m/c at 6 weeks (2014)
    Baby #6: Saw a heartbeat at 7w, baby stopped growing at 7w1d, found at 8w u/s : d&c  (2014)

Hoping for my lucky #7 (one last try!)
  • alindtalindt member
    imageEaglefoot23:

imagealindt:
    do you think it is pronounced like "yoo-nee-kwaa" like the character on Nick Jr's Backyardigans? 
    Actually, her name is spelled Uniqua.

And just where have you seen these "posts"? A bumpie is naming her daughter Unique? Or someone just knows someone who named their daughter this?

No bumpies naming a child this, but posts about FB and other name horrors.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagealindt:
    No bumpies naming a child this, but posts about FB and other name horrors.  
    Oh, good. Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"