November 2011 Moms

movement-sorry for another post about this

So tomorrow I will be 20 weeks and I'm still not sure if I have felt movement or not. I haven't been told that I have an anterior placenta or anything. I guess it's just making me a little nervous. I just had my anatomy scan this week and everything looked good and she was moving, but I just don't feel it! Anyone else in this boat? I hate being such a worry wart!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: movement-sorry for another post about this

• the movement i feel is still pretty sporadic and if I didn't know what it felt like I might not know that was what I was feeling. :)
  • I very rarely feel movement, I did find out yest. at my a/s I do have an anterior placenta, but today I found I could feel her way down low.  i heard some people don't feel baby until 24 weeks ( which I thought was late)
  • Loading the player...
  • My dr's office says 18-24 weeks is when most women will first feel their baby move. You (and me too, b/c I haven't felt anything yet) are still at the earlier part of that range, so I wouldn't worry, especially since your a/s went so well. I'm sure once we start to feel the babies we'll long for the days when they weren't constantly kicking us!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I haven't felt anything either - but I'm not worried.  I have my A/S on Wednesday, and maybe they will tell me I have an anterior placenta, but even if I don't, I'm not too concerned.  I have heard that first time mommies don't feel movement until later anyway.
  • Don't worry!  I have TWO in there and am still hardly feeling anything that I KNOW is them.  I feel some tickles from time to time, but I don't think I will know its them until I get full blown KICKED.  

Dr. said over the next few weeks I should really notice it.  Pretty soon she will be kicking you non-stop!   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm 20 weeks and I've only felt definite, undeniable movement once.  Everything else has been that "is it baby or gas?" kind of feeling.

We just had our AS on Tuesday and baby was pretty wiggly.  I actually saw him (Sorry...I default to masculine pronouns...I blame Spanish class) lift his arms over his head and then reach down to touch his feet and all I could think was "And how am I not feeling this?!"

• If it is your first child, it is completely normal to not feel baby until 20 weeks or a lil later. If your doc is not worried, then you shouldn't be. Smile
  • Im 19 weeks with my 3rd baby and have only just started feeling little movements, sporadically.

With my 2nd baby I was having an ultrasound in the Ob's office (i was about 5 months) and he asked if I could feel the baby kicking. I couldnt. He is now a very busy normal toddler, so dont stress. Maybe you just have fantastic abs ;)

• I'm in the same boat.  I have a lot of stuff going on down there, but so far no definite kick if you will, simply hmmmm, well maybe that's the baby lol.  I'm so jealous of all of you.  I don't get to have my a/s until the 13th.  I was scheduled for next Thursday but DH couldn't make it and I really wanted him to come so we moved it to the 13th.

I'm sure we'll all start feeling some definite movement soon!

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I still haven't felt any movement either. I really hope everything is ok in there! I have my ultrasound next Thursday and am kind of nervous. I almost went to the doctor's just to see if there's a heartbeat! I haven't been told that I have an anterior placenta and have been wondering what's going on in there. I even tried caffeine, lying on my side, and eating something sugary. Still nothing. Sad

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm 21 weeks and have felt movement in just the past few days.  Its definitely not ocurring a lot, very random and maybe 5 times in a whole day.  To me it feels like a twitch in my abdomen, literally only one twitch.  I wouldnt worry, i think its normal what you are going through
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm 21 weeks and still not feeling anything I can say is definitely the baby.  I had an OB appt this morning and mentioned it to the doctor because it was causing me a lot of anxiety..  He said it's not unusual not to feel anything until later on, especially if you are a non-stop on the go type person.  He said that I should eat something sugary and then go to a quiet room and lay on my side to have the greatest chance of feeling something.  Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"