September 2011 Moms
Options

high chair?

My mom recommended this morning that we add a high chair to our registry and I'm really lost as to what to get or if we even should add one. We don't have the space to store it right now and don't plan on using a high chair for quite a while (at least 6 months when solids are introduced).

Did you add a high chair to your registry? What kind do you recommend? TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: high chair?

• Options
    I would get some kind of space saver that uses one of your kitchen table chairs.  We have a first years and a fisher price.  I like the first years better because it slides under the table.
  • Options
    We registered for the Graco Blossom, I doubt we'll get it since it's so pricey (unless the in-laws buy it for us).  I'll probably go ahead and buy it with our registry completion coupon even though we won't need it until 6 mos, either.  (We have plenty of storage space, so that's no issue)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We registered for this one - https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4024414 but I saw some that sat in a regular kitchen chair as well - https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3867653.
  • Options
    the kind that can go in your regular kitchen table chair and be used as a booster down the road.  multiuse, takes up less space until then and doesn't cost as much.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    sassy1sassy1 member

We had a high chair on our registry, not because we expected anyone to buy it for us, but because we wanted to use the BRU discount, after the shower.  Our high chair is the main thing we are splurging on price-wise.  Yesterday we decided to take it off the registry, because we didn't want anyone to be offended by what they'd perceive as our expectations.  I'm sure we'll get some BRU coupons in the mail at some point that we can use for that item.

That said, I did register for a pack & play (or playard), & won't probably use that for quite some time either...

• Options
    sassy1sassy1 member

This is the one we'd like to get; we love the look & the fact that it will convert to a regular chair as he grows.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2931398

• Options

$25 for the ANTILOP high chair from IKEA. 

- easy to assemble/take apart

- light weight, sturdy, simple design, doesn't take up too much space, super compact when taken apart

- CHEAP!!!

• Options
    We have one that sits on top of a regular chair for DD#1.  It was inexpensive and worked out great for us.  We actually don't have enough room at our table for another chair like hers so we are planning to get the Joovy Nook.  It's a full-sized high chair but folds super compact.  Unless someone decides to buy it for us, we probably won't buy it until DD#2 is at least 3-4 months old.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    OnwardOnward member
    I was torn about registering for one for the same reasons you mentioned.  I added the FP Spacesaver to our registry but if we do not get it at one of our showers, I think we'll wait to buy it until LO actually needs it.
    TTC #1 for 4 years with every trick in the book. IVF in October 2010= BFN
    Elliott Michael born 9/22/11
    Audrey Pauline 9/13/15
  • Options
    sraexxsraexx member

We registered for this one:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4270154&fromRegistryNumber=46822551&product_skn=519656

but completely intend on using the coupon and not getting it at the shower. We registered for basically everything we needed for the first year from medicine to big ticket items, all for the coupon. 

BabyName Ticker
    my read shelf:
    Summer Rae Garcia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    imagesupernat3:

$25 for the ANTILOP high chair from IKEA. 

- easy to assemble/take apart

- light weight, sturdy, simple design, doesn't take up too much space, super compact when taken apart

- CHEAP!!!

Also, not safe, IMO. My DS can tip it backwards by kicking the table, it has no shoulder harness for a smaller child (if you wanted your baby to sit with you at the dinner table when they only sit up assisted. I have this chair at my grandma's house, and we find that we eat with one hand on the chair so that J doesn't topple the thing. I'd skip it if it were for every day use.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

This is what we registered for https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0044R7G6G/ref=s9_simh_gw_p75_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1BPP9CE0G471HPV96WDQ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

and someone actually got for us. Our parents advised us to add more expensive items to our registry so this was one of them.....

It came in 2 flat boxes + one larger than a shoebox one for the cushion, so we put it in the back of a closet for now. We liked it in the store, fit in well with our style, got good reviews, etc. Of course, won't use it for 4-5 months, but happy to not have to buy it ourselves down the road.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageChefSarah22:
    We have one that sits on top of a regular chair for DD#1.  It was inexpensive and worked out great for us.  We actually don't have enough room at our table for another chair like hers so we are planning to get the Joovy Nook.  It's a full-sized high chair but folds super compact.  Unless someone decides to buy it for us, we probably won't buy it until DD#2 is at least 3-4 months old.

I'm so glad you mentioned this!  We have a small eat-in kitchen and stools at our kitchen table, so the spacesaver seats wouldn't work for us, but we still needed something compact to be able to get it out of the way.  I don't think I would have thought of that chair if you hadn't said something.  Off to add it to the registry!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    elyndselynds member
    We went with a hook-on (they're like $35) - we have a huge breakfast bar that we use a lot and a substantial table to hook it on.  It's light, convenient, and easy to move - recommended to me by all of my family members.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"