Success after IF

moms of paci lovers--am I doing this right?

Henry never took a paci, so I have no idea if this is normal.

Eleanor really prefers not to be rocked to sleep and if I do manage to rock her to sleep she often wakes up as soon as I lay her down.

So our preferred method at naptime is to put her down drowsy but awake. Except it often takes her 30+ minutes during which I have to replace her paci 20+ times (that is not an exaggeration...I hve counted).

Is this normal? I just feel badly for Henry because he spends half his day trapped in his play pen while I try to get her to go to sleep.

Re: moms of paci lovers--am I doing this right?

• That would not have been normal with D, but it's very normal with A! It's like she just doesn't have the ability or strength to keep it in yet- but I do expect that to change :).
  • this sounds normal to me--i recall contatntly having to replace DS's paci at sleep time...
    Severe MFI resulting in IVF/ICSI #1 in Nov 2007. BFP!!
    Our beautiful son was born July 2008.
    2010: 2 IVF's,1 FET = 2 BFN's, 1 c/p :(
    Feb 2011-Unmedicated FET= BFP!! DS #2 born Oct 2011!!.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • A thought - does E have to (or do you want her to) nap in her crib? I still let A nap kind of wherever (ie in the Little Lamb chair) so D can keep playing and I don't have to run to her room all the time.
  • cjsbdlcjsbdl member

imageGuitaristsGirl:
    That would not have been normal with D, but it's very normal with A! It's like she just doesn't have the ability or strength to keep it in yet- but I do expect that to change :).

E now actually pulls her out because she claws at her face when she's tired. I considered that she really doesn't want it (she only takes it for sleeping), but after she pulls it out she cries for it. Tongue Tied

• cjsbdlcjsbdl member

imageGuitaristsGirl:
    A thought - does E have to (or do you want her to) nap in her crib? I still let A nap kind of wherever (ie in the Little Lamb chair) so D can keep playing and I don't have to run to her room all the time.

We did the same thing for a long time, but she's now at an age where she needs quiet and dark to settle down and sleep. She still will occasionally fall asleep in the swing but in general she needs to be put down in her nursery to get a decent nap (and by decent I mean 45 mins!).

Unfortunately all our bedrooms are on the second floor, so I have either park Henry in mmy bed and let him watch tv, or run up and down the stairs until she falls asleep.

<---TIRED

• I remember having to go in and replace DS's paci in the middle of the night if it fell out of his mouth.  He would wake up and cry for it.  He had amazing suction abilities and it was like a vacuum was holding it on his face....but if it happened to dislodge...not good!!

DD on the other hand couldn't really keep hers in her mouth very well.  Thankfully she didn't really care if it was in or out.

• laura1laura1 member
    imagecjsbdl:

imageGuitaristsGirl:
    That would not have been normal with D, but it's very normal with A! It's like she just doesn't have the ability or strength to keep it in yet- but I do expect that to change :).

E now actually pulls her out because she claws at her face when she's tired. I considered that she really doesn't want it (she only takes it for sleeping), but after she pulls it out she cries for it. Tongue Tied

Yup, both of my kids did this...with DS he needed to be swaddled still, so that helped with the pulling out the binky.  With DD, we introduced her lovey (angeldear one), and she loved it!  She would hold on to that (and put it over her face) to fall asleep.  She still does :)  Maybe your DD needs something to hold on to? 

Good luck!

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"