June 2011 Moms
Options

Awake but not being held?

How often would you say your LO is awake but not being held by someone?  I try not to do this that often but will occasionally let him lie there if I'm in the middle of something and he's content.  I feel bad about it though!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Awake but not being held?

• Options
    I always feel guilty if she wakes up in her pnp or crib and is just laying there looking around! It doesn't happen very often though. Normally if she wakes up and she is not being held she will start crying. Sometimes though, she wakes up and just looks around.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    He does it a little bit each day. He'll usually do it for up to 10 minutes or so before he starts fussing. I think it's a good thing, as long as they are content and it's not all day long.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Mine will sit in his bouncy seat or swing for 10-20 minutes at a time during awake time before he gets fussy. Usually only happens a couple times a day when I need to get something done.

For sleeping, I try to put him down before he falls completely asleep so he will not need to always be held/rocked to sleep. If he fusses though, I pick him back up. He is generally pretty good about falling to sleep on his own.

• Options
    Our pedi recommends this! He says it is good for them to have down time other than sleep time. He recommended that we let him lay in his crib/pnp/bassinet without stimulation. Avery is laid in his crib at bedtime while still awake, it takes him about 10 minutes to fall asleep.. He slept for 6 hours straight last night and hardly ever fusses.
  • Options
    I'm actually having a hard time with this.  When DS is awake he typically will only sit  unstimulated for a few minutes then goes nuts so we end up picking him up.  We also have to completely rock him to sleep before putting him down or he will scream his head off.  I don't know how to break this cycle.  I would really like for him to be able to be put down without having to make sure he's completely asleep.
  • Options

I like to hold/ have DH hold DD when she's in quiet-awake mode and interact.  But she usually has an awake time really early in the morning- between 5 and 6am and I'm just too tired so she usually spends most of that one in her bassinet.  And sometimes I'll think she's still sleeping but when I look in her bassinet I see that her eyes are open and she's just checking things out.

I know I'm probably over thinking it but I feel bad b/c it seems boring in the bassinet! 

• Options

I put E in her crib when she is sleepy but not passed out. She'll usually lay there for about 20 minutes (totally content, not fussing) before she falls asleep. She'll also lay on her playmat for 15-20 minutes at a time. I figured if she is content might as well let her be by herself. This only happened in the past 2 weeks though. Before that she had to be held all the time or else she would cry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We hold him a lot! LOL! Not gonna lie. he is our last and we are enjoying that.

BUT, if I am folding laundry or on the couch, we allow him to lay next to us on his back and he looks around and coos. He lasts from 10-30 minutes no issues. 

• Options
    raeg13raeg13 member
    We put him down when he is awake a couple times per day.  He does best in his Boppy pillow or in the vibrating bouncy seat.  One day I put him in his crib for a nap and he entertained himself for a half an hour.  I was shocked but I let him go because he was completely happy and I was hoping he would put himself to sleep, but no such luck.  He eventually started fussing so I picked him up then.  I would say he is awake and not being held 3-4 times a day for about 10-15 minutes each time.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    i'll often lie C down on his play mat for a kick alone while i enjoy a coffee or something, he's always close by, or in the morning rush i'll pop him in his bouncy chair and move it into the bathroom so i can shower and watch him..... i dont feel guilty - i think its good for him to occupy himself for a few minutes
  • Options
    kas80kas80 member
    I have the bouncy seat upstairs and the swing downstairs and if she can tolerate it I'll put her in them at an angle that she can watch what's going on so I can get a few things done around the house.  She doesn't really like being put down much though and she hates the Bjorn so far so I just ordered a Moby wrap in hopes of getting more done during the day.  Our house looks terrible.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Awake but not being held.

Hmmm...

for as many seconds/minutes as it takes me to see that he's awake & not being held.

LOL. I'm bad & I know it can't be this way forever!

A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"