Breastfeeding

pumping ??

My daughter is 8 months old. I work 2 days a week. On this days I nurse before I go to work, pump about 4 hours later and then come home for lunch to nurse her and nurse her again when I get home from work. During my uming session I m only getting about 3 - 4 ozs total.

I am getting worried about keeping up with her for the next 4 months. I nurse her whenever I am with her but I need bottles when we are out soetimes too. The only times I am able to pump is if we have used a bottle and for the most art I am not replacing the bottle used.

She eats every 3 hours ( trying to get it closer to 4) She occasionally sleeps through the nght. I am not sure when I can get in puming time. How do make sure she gets enough to make it to a year? At this point I don't want to transition to formula just cows milk. I have a way to go.

Also I want to start weaning her at 10 months and we are foing on a vacation without her in Setemper so I need to up my freezer stash for that as well.

Re: pumping ??

• Can you add a pumping session after the morning nursing session? Morning is when you have the most milk, so it's likely that LO isn't eating everything you have at that point. You could also pump an extra time after LO goes down for the night.
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagesaraboston:
    Can you add a pumping session after the morning nursing session? Morning is when you have the most milk, so it's likely that LO isn't eating everything you have at that point. You could also pump an extra time after LO goes down for the night.

This is what I do.  I feed him in the morning when I get up.  Then I get ready for work and pump right before I leave.  he goes to bed at 10:30 and I pump right before I go to bed at 11:15. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"