September 2011 Moms

Need to vent...

So I usually let things slide off my back, but this is starting to get to me. Within the last hour I had two woman ask me how far along I am, then say, "wow you are big, are you sure there aren't twins in there?" or "ah you are huge!!!"

This is my first baby, so I don't know how big I am supposed to be..and I have only gained 20 pounds and I am 28 weeks along. Anyone else experiencing this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need to vent...

• Every.single.day. Multiple times a day, it's gotten old to me, so I dont get mad anymore...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Things I have heard in the last five days

~~~

"You look really pregnant."

"You're seven months? I was going to say four!"

"You look like you're ready to pop!"

"You're carrying kind of small."

"You're getting bigger and bigger!"

"I wish I looked like that at seven months."

~~~

I'm not even kidding. In short: everyone has a different idea of what a pregnant woman is "supposed" to look like. Don't stress it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • People do not have a filter.

They think they are creating conversation, but they are just ignorant. 

I had this same issue with my boss yesterday and her yapper, but yes, it happens all the time!   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ugh! Sorry you got that today!

The worst one I got was from my own mother! She had not seen me pregnant at all, until 2 weeks ago. I was so excited to show her my belly! I walked in and got "You're fat" in that not so nice voice. It crushed me:(

• I actually had a funny one day... a member of the CU that i work for came up to me and said "well it looks as if you're really slimming down there" It seriously took me a second to realize he was kidding.  I was like "this man is crazy"
  • imageLaComtesse:

Things I have heard in the last five days

~~~

"You look really pregnant."

"You're seven months? I was going to say four!"

"You look like you're ready to pop!"

"You're carrying kind of small."

"You're getting bigger and bigger!"

"I wish I looked like that at seven months."

~~~

I'm not even kidding. In short: everyone has a different idea of what a pregnant woman is "supposed" to look like. Don't stress it.

Ditto this. People say whatever pops into their head. I have had people tell me I look "tiny," asked if I was carrying twins, told I was "carrying wide," and some people who didn't even notice I was preg until last week. People just feel they have to say something.

• It's so true - people just feel like they need to say something, I'm not sure why either, but it's like they see a pregnant person and it's as though they are congratulating themselves on recognizing our pregnancy by commenting on it. Silly people, though it does surprise me on some of the comments they make. PS - NYChick, I'm totally jealous of your badlands picture! I've been there twice in my life, and the last time was like 10 years ago and I very badly want to go back:)
  • imagesilverbell4:
    PS - NYChick, I'm totally jealous of your badlands picture! I've been there twice in my life, and the last time was like 10 years ago and I very badly want to go back:)

Don't be that jealous- it was two years ago now for me. I hope I get a chance to go back one day. Maybe with my son! What an awesome thought. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"