Working Moms
Options

My really long frustrated work vent

Ok so I hate my job. My boss hates me...basically has no trust in the work I do, doesn't think I do anything, and never NEVER gives me any kind of feedback...ok, well the only feedback I get is negative feedback through my supervisor (talking for my boss).

I am applying for other jobs. Had an interview...waiting to see if they are going to hire me. I think I have a good shot...but not holding my breath. I am DESPERATE to get out of this place. We have a fundraiser coming up...and I would love nothing more then to say "See ya". You don't think I can do it, you don't have faith....then you do it...I have only been getting what you need for the last 3 years. Screw you!

My husband works two jobs which are evenings and weekends (in addition to his day job) so it is hard for me to find a 9-5 type job around here. We have no family or friends to take DD if I do need to work past that (our dc only watches her until 5:30). I am just frustrated and at a loss....I could stop working, but we would only be good for maybe 2-3 months before dipping into savings and I dont think that is something I would like to do. I like working...I am just tired of working for a place where my boss has no confindence, faith or appreciation for what I do. I should add, that my coworkers will come to me every now and then and tell me how I have done a better job then the last two people before me.  

Don't want to sound picky when looking...but I believe that if I am going to leave a place that makes me unhappy...I may as well try to find something that atleast suits my interest a little. My DH had mentioned doing a mortgage loan type thing and got mad when I said that I have no experince and no desire to do that. I know beggers can't be choosers...but I think I would be unhappy doing that and so why bother?

Ok so here is the flameful part (besides some other things I have mentioned), but I wish they would just fire me...so I could just leave. Sorry for such a long post. I am just beyond fustrated and emotionally drained from working this job. My dh thinks he knows how I feel b/c his office assistant can be a b!tch somtimes. I tell him that it isn't the same...its not like she is his boss...and he gets mad at me when I bring that up. He has a really nice boss.

If you are still reading this then thank you. I really had to get that off my chest.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: My really long frustrated work vent

• Options
    I don't have any advice, but sorry you have to deal with all of this and that DH doesn't get it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What if you just found a job doing something different for awhile while you looked for a better job in your field.  It probably wouldn't be ideal, but at least you'd get out of your bad situation.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for the support. I am currently trying to apply for as much as I can in hopes to get out of there.
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
  • Options
    Sorry that your work life sucks and that your dh doesn't see it your way. I hope you find something better soon!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Ehh, I have those days too. I think to myself, I wish they would just fire me so I can collect unemployment. Then I would have the time and motivation to start my own business.

I'm sorry you feel like this. Just keep looking and try to just do your job and go home and not get so emotionally wrapped up in everything. I know easier said then done. Try to focus on the positives like the fact that you have a job that provides for your family. Obviously you need your job, so just try to hang in there! Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry, I was there a couple months ago and now I have finally learned to check out.  I come do work, do my job and leave.
  • Options

Well I didn't get the job I applied for Sad so I guess it wasn't meant to be. In the meantime I am just coming here knowing that I am on my way to something better. Maybe it is just me...but it seems like it is harder finding something after you have a child. I think it is because I want something that will work with my & DH schedules.

• Options
    You will find the right thing...just keep looking and don't settle.  The right one is out there for you. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"