Nurseries and Baby Gear

Sleeping Arrangements

So I have a bit of a dilemma. (I am only 7 wks. pregnant so I have lots of time to figure it out, but I figured I'd start early.) My house is a teeny-tiny one: bathroom, master bedroom, kitchen/living room, and what was once a small bedroom, but has been renovated into an office for my husband's graphic design work. This renovation involved installing a huge (huge!) built-in desk that takes up a third of the already-small room. Adding to that is that fact that I really don't want to make my husband forfeit his workspace, it's kinda his career and all. But where to put baby when he/she comes? I'm definitely against sleeping the baby in the master bedroom. The bathroom is big enough that we can install a change station there, so it's just a matter of sleeping space. Is it weird/bad to have the baby sleep in a portable crib so my husband can work in his office when he needs to, and we can have our room to ourselves when we need to? And can anyone recommend such a crib?

Re: Sleeping Arrangements

• We're going with a mini crib, it's about the size of a pack n play, but is actually a crib for this baby as it will be sharing a room with DD2.
  • Honestly, if you go the portable crib route, I would recommend you get a full size crib that folds and a regular crib mattress.  You can get by with using something else (bassinet, rock n play, pack n play) at first, but eventually you'll want a full size crib.  It sounds like you have no plans on moving, right?

I would also recommend against moving the baby around from room to room.  When your baby gets a little older, past the sleepy newborn stage, having a routine really helps in creating good sleep habits.  The shuffling around might work fine with some kids, but it may not work for others. 

Why are you against the baby sleeping in the master? 

DS 12/09, Twins EDD 11/11
  • Loading the player...
  • We had DS in our room in a bassinet for first 3mos (some LOs can go longer if they are small) then moved him into a PnP because we did not have crib yet. If you want to get a changing table station, maybe you could put that in the office?
    DSC04873-1 AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • The Stokke Sleepi has a 35% smaller footprint than most cribs, is on wheels and can fit through doorways.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• The Stokke Sleepi looks really good. Any idea what the price on it is?

I don't want the baby in the master bedroom (after the newborn stage, obv.) because I want one space in our teeny-tiny house where my husband and I can be a couple and not parents, which pretty much every other space in our house is going to have to be about. And it would be nice if it was the room that was good for making love in, you know?

• The Stokke is about $1000, t converts into a toddler bed, the it can be used as 2 adult chairs that hold up to 300lbs after that.

https://www.stokke.com/en-us/nursery/stokke-sleepi-bed.aspx

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"