Northern California Babies

Infant car seat transition

Man o man this is not going well. We switched out of out Key fit 30 a weeks ago. First we had some drama with a pretty unfortunate evenflow car seat we recieved as a gift. Buckles did not click easily. SO I picked up a used Britax Boulvard and it is working out much better with the buckles and what not.

But with the infant seat also went my snap and go which i really loved. I miss it a ton! I loved the basket and and the cup holders. GEm stayed asleep in it. It was awsome. I have been useing a grage sale combi but it is killing my back with the short handle and GEM does not seem to like napping in it. It also has wheels that get turned sideways easily and etc. So I guess I need a stroller up-grade. We are on the go alot so.... I need something with a decent basket and a reclining seat.

Any suggestions?

Lilypie Maternity tickers"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Infant car seat transition

• Do you want an umbrella stroller or a regular one? I have a peg perego Uno but I rarely use it now that she is bigger, I use the Uppa baby G-luxe or whatever it's called. I think I would get a BOB though if I was doing this again. Nothing like the one handed steering. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The BOB is definitely easy to steer and a smooth ride and has nice high handles, but even though the basket is big it's really hard to get things in and out of. It's a pain to raise/lower the seat for reclining though. Also, it doesn't come with a tray/cup holder for you or LO standard. You can get a decent one for you, but the kids on is hard for T to reach. That said, T really likes riding in it.

We also have a City Select by Baby Jogger which I love. It's easy to recline/steer/put in my trunk, plus it has a really large easy to access basket, a very large shad canopy, and the chair can be put in any number of positions. As a bonus, you can add a second set to it later if needed. Like the BOB, it doesn't come with a tray/cup holder for you or LO, but again they can be purchased and added. The mom tray I have isn't as good as the BOB's, but the kiddo's tray is fantastic. All in all, even though the City Select was a little pricey, I would hands down recommend it :-)  T likes riding in it as well, and really likes being able to climb in and out of it himself....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • What am I looking for??? After thinking on this a little my needs are good basket or storage, reclining seat and smooth ride. Stuff I would like would be a cup holders for me ang gigi etc.

My combi is considered an umbrella stroller and works well enough fo short trips and stroller needs when Carol is with us.

I have been looking at more sporty strollers and that maybe the way to go.

Lilypie Maternity tickers"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I LOVE my City Mini!  It's super easy to push and turn with one hand and folds with one hand also.  I don't love the parent console but it works.  We have yet to buy the belly bar or the child tray, but they both have good reviews.  The basket is fairly big IMO, but you can really only get to it from the side.  Although, I have the older model.  I'm not sure if this has changed on the 2011 model.  

I'm drooling over the new City Select and wish that had been out when we were looking at strollers.  I think we would have splurged on that knowing we could use it for a 2nd when the time comes. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemaryh01:

I LOVE my City Mini!  It's super easy to push and turn with one hand and folds with one hand also.  I don't love the parent console but it works.  We have yet to buy the belly bar or the child tray, but they both have good reviews.  The basket is fairly big IMO, but you can really only get to it from the side.  Although, I have the older model.  I'm not sure if this has changed on the 2011 model. 

I find the basket pretty much unusable (although I use the pouch behind the seat more often) I have the child tray but Q really has to reach for it.  I don't like the cinch strap for the recline (I find it hard to get back up and it never puts Q as upright as I'd really like) and Q does not nap very well in it.  I do love how it pushes, turns and folds though...and how lightweight it is.
  • imageMrs.BoomBoom:
    imagemaryh01:

I LOVE my City Mini!  It's super easy to push and turn with one hand and folds with one hand also.  I don't love the parent console but it works.  We have yet to buy the belly bar or the child tray, but they both have good reviews.  The basket is fairly big IMO, but you can really only get to it from the side.  Although, I have the older model.  I'm not sure if this has changed on the 2011 model. 

I find the basket pretty much unusable (although I use the pouch behind the seat more often) I have the child tray but Q really has to reach for it.  I don't like the cinch strap for the recline (I find it hard to get back up and it never puts Q as upright as I'd really like) and Q does not nap very well in it.  I do love how it pushes, turns and folds though...and how lightweight it is.

Yeah...I guess we haven't really gotten to this stage yet :-( 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"