1st Trimester
Options

Tips for m/s while flying

This is pregnancy #2 for me and I am already experiencing nausea... I didn't have this my last pregnancy.  I am flying in a week and a half and wondering what the best thing would be to suppress nausea while flying?  Ginger? 

Thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Tips for m/s while flying

• Options

I just make sure to stay cool - dress in layers and take advantage of the air vent.  And just try to relax.  My m/s was never that bad and this was enough for me.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Bring a pack of gum.  I'm not sure if it's the motion of chewing or a change in digestive juices, but it brings me a decent amount of temporary relief.  Just don't go through more than a couple of pieces - the sorbitol gum base acts as a laxative and can give you cramps in higher doses.  I never have a problem with just two pieces, though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sea Bands
  • Options
    sherpasherpa member
    We went on a cruise when I was still having MS and I bought some of those pressure point wrist bands. I think they work as long as you have thin wrists. They worked very well for me, if I took them off I was instantly nauseous but it went away as soon as I put them back on. I was skeptical but they worked. You can get them at the drugstores. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have heard the wrist bands work as well. I didn't try them personally but I would give it a go or try peppermint gum/mints, tea with lemon or anything with ginger. Hang in there and good luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"