Breastfeeding

Trying to increase stash.. Tell me if this makes sense

I started pumping after my first morning feeding when DS was about a week old.  I now consistently get between 3 and 5 ounces, but I use what I pump at night to supplement before bed.  I had a very good start but now I am making very little progress becuase most of what I pump I end up feeding him within a day or two. 

Currently he nurses at 6:30 PM and then sleeps until sometime between 1 and 3 AM.  Do you think I could add a pumping session before I go to bed (around 9 PM)?  I know the end of the day is generally a low supply time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Trying to increase stash.. Tell me if this makes sense

• I would.  From what others have posted, I'm pretty sure it may take a few days for your body to adjust, but in due time is should be fine.  DS gets a bottle right before bed and when I pump I get about 6 oz between the two sides.
     Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If your supplementing a bottle at bedtime, you should be pumping at that time anyway.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • GBCKGBCK member

imagebancbev:
    If your supplementing a bottle at bedtime, you should be pumping at that time anyway.

Yep this...and I had my body convinced for quie some time that Buffy ate another meal between Buffy's bed time and my bed time.

• Definitely.  What time does your LO wake up in the morning for good?  You can also add in a pumping before she wakes.  Depending on the last feeding before he goes to bed and when I go to bed, I get a pumping in then (typically 1-2 oz.) and then pump at 4 AM (typically get 3-5 oz.) to simply build a stash because otherwise I can't get a thing.  I still don't have much, but in the last 3 weeks I have accumulated 24 oz. for the freezer and 18 oz. in the fridge, so I'm good for if I need it.  Compared to other people, I don't have much, but for me, it's really good.  HTH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"