Breastfeeding

Steel Cut Oat Recipes?

Hi All-

I want to at least attempt to salvage some of my supply (it's been diving the last few weeks). I bought some steel cut oats, but I have no idea how to make them so they'll be good. Anyone have any good recipes/ideas? Thanks!

Started TTC in 2007
Dx w/ PCOS 3/08
IUI 11/09, BFP 11/26/09, Missed m/c 1/4/10, D&C 1/6/10
"We miss our little 'Ziggy' every day!"
Dx with mild Hypothyroidism 4/2010
Surprise BFP 5/28/10, Nicole born on 1/19/2011 via C-Section
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Steel Cut Oat Recipes?

• I make a batch overnight in the crockpot.

It's 1 c. oats and 4 c. water.  That makes enough for 2 BIIIIG bowls (DH and I like food). Spray the crockpot with Pam so it doesn't stick, add oats and water, put on warm (I usually turn it on at 9-10 at night and get up around 6:45-7:15ish and they are fine). 

I just put a lot of brown sugar on mine (when I dish it out, although I suppose you could do it while cooking).  DH adds raisins. 

• I boil three cups of water, add one cup oats and simmer 30 minutes. That makes enough for me for 4-5 days. I just put them in small tupperware. In the morning I microwave it, add butter, cinnamon and either maple syrup or brown sugar. Sometimes I add dried fruit or nuts or ground flaxseed which is also good for increasing supply.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I usually just add a little maple syrup, craisins and walnuts to mine- it's delish!

Or I'll mix some all natural peanut butter in with craisins, and omit the walnuts and syrup.  just depends on my mood.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageToBeMrsC6907:

Or I'll mix some all natural peanut butter in with craisins, and omit the walnuts and syrup.  just depends on my mood. 

How much peanut butter do you normally use?

Great suggestions, everyone... thank you! 

Started TTC in 2007
    Dx w/ PCOS 3/08
    IUI 11/09, BFP 11/26/09, Missed m/c 1/4/10, D&C 1/6/10
    "We miss our little 'Ziggy' every day!"
    Dx with mild Hypothyroidism 4/2010
    Surprise BFP 5/28/10, Nicole born on 1/19/2011 via C-Section
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"