Breastfeeding

Talk me through this

DD is 1 months old and I've been ebf the entire time.  Every night from 6ish to 12ish she cluster feeds.  Today has been a cluster feed from hell kind of day.  No nap and everytime I put her down for more than 3 seconds she screams.  Other than that she has been on my boob all day.  The last 2 hrs she has been fighting my boob - pulling, twisting, hitting, grunting, etc.

I want to keep going but I need a break.  My butt hurts and I'm positive that I'm empty.  I'm hungry and she is pretty upset with me.

Re: Talk me through this

• Based on her age and your description I would say growth spurt.  DS did the same thing around the 6 week mark.  I spent about three days doing nothing but nursing.  It will get better.  Your supply will respond in a day or two.  Keep nursing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesbmp10:
    Based on her age and your description I would say growth spurt.  DS did the same thing around the 6 week mark.  I spent about three days doing nothing but nursing.  It will get better.  Your supply will respond in a day or two.  Keep nursing!

this! exactly!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesbmp10:
    Based on her age and your description I would say growth spurt.  DS did the same thing around the 6 week mark.  I spent about three days doing nothing but nursing.  It will get better.  Your supply will respond in a day or two.  Keep nursing!

this! exactly!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsJWeaver:

DD is 1 months old and I've been ebf the entire time.  Every night from 6ish to 12ish she cluster feeds.  Today has been a cluster feed from hell kind of day.  No nap and everytime I put her down for more than 3 seconds she screams.  Other than that she has been on my boob all day.  The last 2 hrs she has been fighting my boob - pulling, twisting, hitting, grunting, etc.

I want to keep going but I need a break.  My butt hurts and I'm positive that I'm empty.  I'm hungry and she is pretty upset with me.

Classic growth spurt. Last one for a while, too. Don't give up, it gets SO much better after this. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"