August 2011 Moms
Options

XP: My visit to L&D last night- Not such great news

Hi ladies!!

Yesterday about 3pm I started having cramps along with some back pain and a feeling of having to have a bm. That kept on until I was off work at 5:30 at which point we called L&D. We were told to go in and get checked.

In a nutshell we found out that while my cervix is closed it is soft and shorted at about 1.5. I was given my first of 2 steroid shots in case LO comes before 34 weeks and put on bed rest. We will see our Dr next Tuesday and she will re assess and decide what to do. =/

Here's to hoping LO stays put a few more weeks 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: My visit to L&D last night- Not such great news

• Options
    She also has already turned and is head down on my cervix
  • Options
    I was wondering how you were doing.  That sucks about the bed rest but I'm glad they caught it and hopefully you will have many more weeks before delivery.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Max born July 25

Big sisters Alex and Layla

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    eesomeeesome member

I am glad you are updating us, but am sorry to hear the news. Remember that you are not alone. Many of us are on bed rest, and we have all leaned on each other for support. 

I had a feeling something was happening to you when you told me about the pain you were feeling yesterday.  : (

Hang in there, rest up, and if you ever want to chat, I am on here often (maybe too often). Wink

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I hope baby stays in there a little longer! It's good that they are on top of it though and sounds like they are taking good care of you! 
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Sending lots of "stay put LO" vibes your way. Hope the next few weeks go quickly :)
  • Options
    there are a bunch of us in your situation...you should check out the high-risk board if you haven't already. i have found a lot of support there and comfort knowing i'm not alone in this. GL!
  • Options
    awe well good luck! I had the same thing happen to me at 32 weeks. But i started to dilate. It was a very scary situation and I was glad they were able to stop things. Just stinks being on bed rest and I'm stuck on it till i'm 37 weeks so here's to 3 more weeks of boredom!
  • Options
    T&Ps hope LO stays longer in oyur belly, good luck!
  • Options
    I'm sorry again, mrsj :( I echo pps that you should come on over to the high risk board. Great ladies and great support there.
  • Options
    imageeesome:

I am glad you are updating us, but am sorry to hear the news. Remember that you are not alone. Many of us are on bed rest, and we have all leaned on each other for support. 

I had a feeling something was happening to you when you told me about the pain you were feeling yesterday.  : (

Hang in there, rest up, and if you ever want to chat, I am on here often (maybe too often). Wink

All of this... Smile

Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Good luck -- take it easy!! 
  • Options
    Yikes! Good thing you went and got checked. Take it easy <3
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • Options
    Stay put,  little girl!!!
  • Options
    Eek!  Fingers crossed the little one stays put!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"