November 2011 Moms

What is with maternity not carrying knit shorts?

Ugh! I have looked everywhere trying to find come knit shorts in maternity. They have like 2 pairs on Old Navy and only have a size XS. Motherhood has a pair in 2 different colors but they are out of the XL which is what I need. I live in TX and we are getting 100 + degree weather right now. Yesterday it was reading 105 degrees and it's only going to get hotter.Tongue Tied It's super hot and I need some cooler summer clothes. This is so frustrating!

I have tried looking in the regular clothing but I have to go up to plus size clothing to so it fits me in the waist. The only problem with that is the only thing that fits is the waist. The legs are super huge on me and the bridge between the legs hangs down too low and looks horrible. 

I even looked in the plus size maternity thinking I might could get the smallest plus size and just tighten the drawstring but they don't even have a single pair of knit shorts in the plus size. What is with that?

Also, why does all the maternity clothing have a huge selection in pants but a very very slim picking for any kind of shorts?? This makes no sense to me. Not only is it really hot but it seems even hotter since I am preggy. I would think shorts would sell much better than pants. It is just too stinking hot to wear pants right now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What is with maternity not carrying knit shorts?

• IDK but its annoying. Kohls has a bunch of shorts but they are all denim or khaki and they are very short. I didn't wear shorty shorts before I got pregnant and I certainly am not about to start now. I don't actually want my cottage cheese ass hanging out the back of my pants.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 since 1/1/13

image    imageimage
  • You could try Sears they have a pretty good maternity dept
  • Loading the player...
  • My Kohl's had knit shorts, but only in black and grey. They are also kinda baggy and I definitley would not wear them out of the house (ok, wore them to the dog park, but that doesn't count) :)
    It's a Boy!! Baby #1 - Born 11/2/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry! Your post made me giggle because I had this outfit that I bought with Logan's pregnancy (he's almost 8) and it came with a top that was great and this pair of shorts with elastic. Being of this century, I did NOT want anything elastic so I shoved them in the back of the closet. Well let me tell you, that first hot hot day, those shorts were on me elastic and all! 

So my sister was pregnant with twins due in Sept so heavily pregnant during the summer. I gave her she shorts and told her "you won't think you want them, but they are heaven when it's hot!" Sure enough, towards the end, that's all she wore! There was something awesome about how they held up on their own without having those big panels that just gave more layers on top of a hot belly.

Hope you are successful in your search!  

• I found one pair of white knit shorts at Motherhood, but they were on clearance and with the pajamas.  The shorts came with a blue and white tie-dye tank.  I wear this combo all the time around the house!
    BabyFetus Ticker imageimageimage
  • Look at JCPenneys.. they have a great maternity dept.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies. I have checked Sears, Jcpenny, Gap, Kohls, and every where that I can think of and none of them carry knit shorts. Or if they do, they do not have my size.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"