Trouble TTC

Weird Bed Rest Question

I've been nervous all day so I decided just to ask. I had my ET at 12:30 yesterday. My clinic requires 24 hours rest, followed by "light activity". I told the nurse I HAD to be up at 9:30. She said since I have a desk job it's fine. So I rested for 21 hours.

At 11:30 today (23 hours) I had to carry 4 pans of pasta to a room. I took an escalator. Do you think I messed anything up!? 1 more hour and I would've been on "light activity" which means I can carry up to 25 pounts?

I'm terrified I hurt little chicky :(

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

Re: Weird Bed Rest Question

• While I don't have experience with ET, I was told not to carry more than 10lbs after my IUI. I didn;t think about it and when I was babysitting I picked up a 2 year old several times who is well over 10lbs. I was nervous and asked my RN and she said it was ok, just not to make a habit out of it. Then I was thining to myself, there are a lot of women who either have kids or have jobs that require some lifting that get pregnant even through IF treatments, so I think it's okay. I wouldn't stress too much. Good luck!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • Some women return to normal activity the minute ET is done.  Other RE's have you rest for 4 days.  There's no scientific proof either is better.  Most clinics say the "rest" is more for peace of mind and to make sure you don't have any regret than due to scientific proof it helps.

So take a deep breath, I'm sure you're fine!! :)  

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks girls! I think stressing over it is probably worse than carrying some pasta on an escalator lol. Ahh, the worrying begins already. Only 13 more days til beta! lol.

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

• I've been reading up on best rest after ET and have found very convincing (at least to me) information that the bed rest is pretty much for peace of mind.  My favorite line was about the fact that embryos don't have a memory.  Your little chicky doesn't remember that it got its start in a petri dish and is acting just like an embryo that was conceived the "old fashioned" way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"