Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

"stupid questions"

Sure, they say there is no such thing as a stupid question, but we all have them, so lets hear 'em!

Completely flame free - get them answered here. Post your own or answer someone elses. Can be something as basic as "what came first, the chicken or the egg?" or something that you've always wondered, or a situation you came across and weren't sure about, or anything thats bouncing around in your head. Can be baby related or not.

Mine: What so different between the top and bottom of a dish washer? How come some things can only go on top? What would happen if you put them on the bottom? Can you put things that typically go on the bottom on top, or would they not really get clean? I don't get it.

And also : Why do they call it "going cold turkey". What does turkey have to do with anything?

and i thought i loved you then <3<a href="http://daisypath.com/">Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Missed Miscarriage discovered at 9w6d
D&E 10.27.2011
I'll love you forever Baby Speck Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: &amp;quot;stupid questions&amp;quot;

• Options

My dishwasher has a heat coil at the bottom. Things that say top rack only would melt or break if they were on the bottom rack because they're usually plastic or very delicate glass.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I believe the top of the dishwasher is farther from the heat source so more delicate things need to be washed up top

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think the stream of water isn't as strong towards the top?  The cold turkey thing, IDK.  My question:  When is a good age to take a baby camping? 

• Options
    imageHeifergal:

My dishwasher has a heat coil at the bottom. Things that say top rack only would melt or break if they were on the bottom rack because they're usually plastic or very delicate glass.

I guess that makes sense. It just doesn't seem like being an additional 12 inches away would make that big of a deal. I mean the whole thing gets hot and steam comes out the top (at least on mine), so really, how much of a temp difference could it be?

and i thought i loved you then <3<a href="http://daisypath.com/">Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    D&E 10.27.2011
  • Options

imageMrs.adambabycakes:
    I think the stream of water isn't as strong towards the top?  The cold turkey thing, IDK.  My question:  When is a good age to take a baby camping? 

Depends what you mean by camping. If you mean in a tent in the middle of the woods, then I wouldn't do it till they're a little bit older (5 or 6 maybe). If by caming you mean in a trailer or something with a sufficiant roof over your head, running water, and electricity, at a camp ground with a store and all that good stuff, I'd be willing to do it now!

D&E 10.27.2011
  • Options
    imageHeifergal:

Oh and also, I'm so glad to see you over here!

D&E 10.27.2011
  • Options
    imagecandr09:
    imageHeifergal:

Oh and also, I'm so glad to see you over here!

I'm starting to straddle. : )
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagecandr09:

imageMrs.adambabycakes:

Depends what you mean by camping. If you mean in a tent in the middle of the woods, then I wouldn't do it till they're a little bit older (5 or 6 maybe). If by caming you mean in a trailer or something with a sufficiant roof over your head, running water, and electricity, at a camp ground with a store and all that good stuff, I'd be willing to do it now!

It would be at a family camp site with a tent.  Preferrably with a store nearby and bathrooms etc.  Not sure about electricity.  I haven't done much research yet on the subject because I want to wait till LO is a little older.  We would def not be roughing it!

• Options
    imageMrs.adambabycakes:
    imagecandr09:

imageMrs.adambabycakes:

It would be at a family camp site with a tent.  Preferrably with a store nearby and bathrooms etc.  Not sure about electricity.  I haven't done much research yet on the subject because I want to wait till LO is a little older.  We would def not be roughing it!

I'd say it also depends on you and your LO.  We had a family friend growing up that went camping with us 3 weeks after her DS was born.  And she brought him and slept in a tent.  We did have electricity and bathrooms were nearby.  If you'd feel comfortable doing it now, I say go for it.

I'm taking J camping in October (he'll be 10 months).  We'll have a camper though, and my sister's house is maybe 15 miles away, so I can always go stay at her house if needed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"