Parenting after a Loss

Breakfast ?

What do you give LO for breakfast? We have been doing baby oatmeal mixed with BM/goats milk and pureed fruit for a while now.  Thinking of switching to regular oatmeal...do I use milk still b/c the recipe calls for water..
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Breakfast ?

• I give L steel cut oats cooked in water, then I add BM afterward to thin them out a little bit.  I do it this way because I make a big batch that I share with him and I really don't want to consume my own BM. Ick!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You could use milk or water. I use water for both their oatmeal and their cream of wheat. You might also try banana bites. Basically you slice bananas into coins, dip them in pancake batter and cook like you would a pancake. They cook down to a very soft consistency and taste great. My guys go nuts for them.
    PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 - 12/9/09 After being on bedrest for 10 weeks due to TTTS and hospital bedrest for 4 weeks due to PPROM, my sticky babies are here! Born at 32 weeks!!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebkjcwedding:
    You could use milk or water. I use water for both their oatmeal and their cream of wheat. You might also try banana bites. Basically you slice bananas into coins, dip them in pancake batter and cook like you would a pancake. They cook down to a very soft consistency and taste great. My guys go nuts for them.

what a great idea.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    4 losses (cp Feb 28 09, mc April 9 09 (5w5d), mc Aug 10 09 (7w1d), d&c Apr 12 10 (grew to 6w3d, mc confirmed at 8w5d). RX: Overies PCOS (hormones normal) & Balanced Translocation of Ch. 7 & 13 (40-50% mc risk)

Cooking Blog
  • imageShemico:

imagebkjcwedding:
    You could use milk or water. I use water for both their oatmeal and their cream of wheat. You might also try banana bites. Basically you slice bananas into coins, dip them in pancake batter and cook like you would a pancake. They cook down to a very soft consistency and taste great. My guys go nuts for them.

what a great idea.

I love this.

We do some type of baby cereal most days with a fruit. We also occasionally do veggie pancakes which DD LOVES, also scrambled eggs - again, she loves them (whole egg, I accidentally gave her whole egg in the veggie pancakes once and did well with it so she gets it whole now), muffin and fruit, yogurt or cottage cheese.

Marie, wife to Ron, mom to DS
  • Logan will not eat off of a spoon so we always do melon and

Banana bites (thanks BK) 
    Toast & eggs
    French toast 
    Cheerios & fruit 

I am in a rut with him 
    Summer 2011
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers ~early M/C 4/09 ~ Ectopic 6/09~ BFP 11/09~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"