Baby Names

Sibling For Dylan- help! (Clicky Poll)

Boy names have been so hard for us. Obviously our naming style isn't everyone's taste, our daughter is Dylan Sophia. I would be happy with any of these names but I also have small concerns with each.

Dexter- Obviously some people will think about the tv show, which doesn't really bother us. Plus since it is ending soon, I don't think it will be that big of a deal years down the road. This is DH's favorite choice.

Archer- I really like this name, but for some reason I have a hard time picturing it on a grown man.

Flynn- This was my original favorite, but now I'm leaning away from it because it's so similar to the name Dylan when you look at the spelling. Maybe it's too matchy? 

Sooo, if you had to choose, which one would you pick?

[Poll]

Dylan Sophia 06.04.09 - Elijah Alexander 04.25.10 - 04.25.10 - Sullivan Thomas 09.06.11 - Calvin Douglas 08.06.13 - Baby GIRL Due 07.01.15!
Elijah's Story: Embracing Elijah
My blog: Midwest Chaos

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Sibling For Dylan- help! (Clicky Poll)

• I voted for Archer.

But, I just wanted to tell you that the picture of your daughter is stunning.  Absolutely gorgeous.

Baby Boy born sleeping at 20 weeks.
  • imageILoveRedVino:

I voted for Archer.

But, I just wanted to tell you that the picture of your daughter is stunning.  Absolutely gorgeous.

Aw, thank you! 

Dylan Sophia 06.04.09 - Elijah Alexander 04.25.10 - 04.25.10 - Sullivan Thomas 09.06.11 - Calvin Douglas 08.06.13 - Baby GIRL Due 07.01.15!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I like the name Dexter :)

Archer remindes me of Archie and I don't like that as a nm

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm having a hard time with boys name too. However, ironically if baby 2 was a girl I wanted Dylan Elizabeth (elizabeth is my Nonna's name) so regardless of what people may say I am in love with your daughters name! You're the 2nd person I know that has used and that's only after I thought I took the step off the deep end 2 months ago with the idea.... "damn new car syndrome"
    imageBabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love your name choices - my pick was Dexter. Yes, you'd probably get some comments about the TV show but if you like the name you can definitely go with it.

On another note, I noticed and read your Elijah blog, and spent about 15 minutes crying but what a beautiful story and beautiful baby. You are so strong! Best wishes with the baby and good luck with the naming!

Mom to E, 11/2011 - Severe egg & dairy allergies, soy intolerance *** Stepmom to G, 2001
  • I love the name Dylan for a girl . . .you might not want to hear this, but it has always been my baby name deal breaker :) I told my H that our first girl will be named Dylan. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

I voted above - GL with the decision making process. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I voted for Archer, but I really LOVE all three names :)
  • Thanks everyone for the votes and thoughts on my names, I really appreciate it. Christine, thanks for the well wishes, we miss Elijah so much but are also so very happy to be having another little boy.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I voted flynn but I love Archer as well. 

BTW, your little girl is adorable and I have a niece named Dylyn.. love it! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • I actually really like Flynn and I think it goes well with Dylan.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    BFP 10/2/10, D&E 2/8/11 @ 22 weeks due to encephalocele 
    BFP 12/25/11 - EDD 9-5-12  Baby Girl born August 30, 2012 at 39 weeks 1 day via c-section 
    TTC #2 starting 2/13, RE work-up 9/13 HSG - blocked left tube, MTHFR, insulin resistance DH - perfect  11/13 - first medicated cycle: Metformin, Clomid, Ovidrel  
    BFP 11/30/13 - edd August 11, 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"