March 2012 Moms
Options

Moms of toddlers...

When will you tell your LO about the baby? I've mentioned it to DD already a couple of times, just to sort of "test out" how much she understands and remembers from one day to the next. She doesn't get it, but that's to be expected. Although the other day we asked her if she wanted a brother or a sister and she replied very confidently with "a BOY! a BROTHER!!!". But then two seconds later she was asking for a snack, and who knows what she remembered...
S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

Re: Moms of toddlers...

• Options

I was pregnant a few months ago, and ended up losing the baby. We had told my two year old at that time that I had a baby in my belly, and so on. She is VERY verbal and repeats everything all the time. This time...we're keeping it a secret longer, and that includes my tattle tale toddler :) We'll probably tell her when we tell everyone else. 12 weeks ish?

imageIAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    imageyellowday:

I was pregnant a few months ago, and ended up losing the baby. We had told my two year old at that time that I had a baby in my belly, and so on. She is VERY verbal and repeats everything all the time. This time...we're keeping it a secret longer, and that includes my tattle tale toddler :) We'll probably tell her when we tell everyone else. 12 weeks ish?

I'm so sorry for your loss. My DD is a chatterbox too, so I am kind of nervous that she'd blab to someone we haven't told yet. Maybe I should try harder to keep my mouth shut about it to her for a few more weeks!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm just a worry wart, so I'll probably wait until 12 weeks or so, when we tell our families. We tested him out a little bit too and he didn't really get it, but the last thing I need is him telling my mother in law who will tell the whole family the day she finds out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagesterfehr:
    I'm just a worry wart, so I'll probably wait until 12 weeks or so, when we tell our families. We tested him out a little bit too and he didn't really get it, but the last thing I need is him telling my mother in law who will tell the whole family the day she finds out!

Hey, our LOs are almost the same age. When's your son's bday? DD's is March 13.

• Options
    We kind of mentioned it to him a bit that there's a baby in mommy's belly, but he is still too young to get it. We're not really enforcing it yet, besides it's way early.  But I am looking at books geared towards his age about becoming a big brother and a new baby. He LOVES books and I think it will be an excellent way to help him understand what is to come down the line.
    My Boys
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    lol, DD isn't as old as your LO and still does a lot of babbling vs conversations.  but we asked her if she wanted a little brother or sister and got a resounding "NO!".  of course, she answers no to almost everything right now!  who knows what she understands right now....
  • Options

We are waiting....probably 2nd trimester.

My last miscarriage -- the DAY I was miscarrying she remembered we had told her a baby was coming and came into the bathroom and said "Mommy, I want a baby brother" and I burst out in tears.

Um....not doing that again. 

• Options

imagemeg&jeff:
    I am looking at books geared towards his age about becoming a big brother and a new baby. He LOVES books and I think it will be an excellent way to help him understand what is to come down the line.

We have been looking for books, too. My DS loves to read and tends to want to read the same books over and over, so I think this may be a good way to get him engaged with the concept of a new baby. We have not told him yet for two reasons. First because I do not think he would fully understand and second because I want to wait until we are further along and have heard the heartbeat and/or seen a u/s.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    we mentioned it to her, but i know she doesnt "get it". i dont really want to talk about it to her just yet, probably will more as we get towards the 2nd trimester and once i start showing so she understand why mommy is getting bigger.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"