Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Nausea and cravings

Alright I'm not sure if its just my weird body but I've been battling some serious nausea (I almost couldn't drive to work) and its come and go, but I notice the minute I start feeling even remotely better I start craving things... mostly things that would probably make me sick. I desperately want to eat lobster... rolls, scampi, soaked in butter... you name it. But I'm pretty sure seafood on a queasy stomach is a bad idea. I haven't caved yet, but I do wonder if I just give in if I might feel better. Just wondered if anyone else had a weird combo of nausea and out of place cravings.  I mean generally when I feel sick I think of rice or a banana, but a turkey sub?  Weird. 

And thank goodness for Wendy's baked potato. Not only did it make the nausea go away but $1 for lunch that isn't too unhealthy... yup. I'm liking it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nausea and cravings

• Options
    Oh girl, I feel your pain...sort of. I'm nauseous but super hungery at the same exact time!! It's so strange.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP-2/4/10 EDD-9/27/10 M/C-2/11/10 7w3d D&C and Methotrexate-2/19/10
    BFP-11/21/10 M/C-11/25/10
    Clomid Cycle #1-BFN
    Clomid Cycle #2-BFP-1/18/2011 M/C-1/26/2011
    BFP-5/18/11 Riley arrived 2/3/12 8lbs6oz 21.5in
  • Options
    That sounds pretty normal to me.  You just have to remember that this type of queasiness isn't the same as being sick.  The turkey sub and baked potato sound perfectly reasonable since carbs almost always help m/s.  Personally I would just indulge in what sounds good to you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OatoaOatoa member
    I am so there with you.  My cravings come and go quickly enough that I can ignore them though.  This is spite of the fact I am sick to my stomach all the time.  The only thing that is constantly on my mind through the nausea and throwing up in a Wawa italian hoagie....I want one so bad I can taste it....

imagephoto BeachAudrey6-23-2013_zps95b514cd.jpgphoto TRCALBadge_zpse0b3d2cb.jpg
    BFP #1 9-22-10 Missed M/c 10-18-10 D&E 10-28-10

BFP #2 5-9-11 EDD 1-12-12 Audrey Rachel born 1-12-12

BFP #3 9-21-13 EDD 5-30-14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I have actually found that sometimes, eating settles my stomach . . . But then right after I eat I get burpy and then the rolling tummy returns.

I know that I HAVE to have sweets and the taste/smell of ketchup makes me want to gag. DH seems to want to monitor my ice cream/milkshake/cheesecake intake . . . hehehe.

But then once I sit down to eat something that sounds good to me, I can only finish about half of it before I feel full. At least I'm not throwing up though!

Baby #2 - BFP 6/13/2014 - EDD 2/17/2015 BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm glad I'm not alone - the carbs definitely help but yeah... there is something about just those weird random foods that makes me crazy. Which is funny b/c if food commercials come on I have to look away.... the thought of a cheeseburger... EWH!

I do find fresh fruit is always good and I had a salad the other night that I kept adding more arugula to b/c it tasted good but in general I want the bad stuff. I think part of the reason the baked potato was so good b/c in the car it smelled like french fries. lol!

• Options
    There is very little that sounds good to me right now, so if something sounds even remotely palatable, I try to eat it. I know fat is supposed to be bad for m/s, but I've found that a little fat actually seems to help -- toast with egg and avocado, full fat plain yogurt, and mac and cheese have all sat ok.
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options

If your LO is liking potatoes, he/she might be friends with my Dexter!  I love potatoes and was always able to feel good eating them.

I agree with you, seafood doesn't seem to sound great, but then again. when I felt bad, I just ate anyway and the nausea went away.  I didn't get it as bad as you are getting it though.  Hang in there, hun, this yucky feeling will *hopefully* be going away soon so that you can start feeling other things....extreme exhaustion!Wink

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 12/05/10 (EDD 8/8/11), empty gestational sac 12/31/10, natural miscarriage 01/05/11
    BFP 03/03/11, EDD 11/09/11, We love you so much already, our sweet little munchkin!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    *Congrats to buddies MrsAtch, cflocco, MommyandKate, luckylady55, opallover, trishiepoo, stephsteph77, and Pachita! Praying for healthy babies for all of you!*
    *Congrats to my buddy, Izabella22 (BFP 5/11/11)!!!Sending you Ts and Ps for a healthy, take-home baby!
    *Congrats to my buddy, myaddiwaddi06(BFP 10/31/11)!!!Sending you Ts and Ps for a healthy, take-home baby!
  • Options

OMG I all I want to do is eat and drink, but am constantly nauseated! It seems to get worse the later in the day. I lay down at night with a cold wash rag on my throat and a ginger ale on my night stand. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"