Stay at Home Moms
Options

Has anyone read "Skinny B!tch?"

I am only on chapter 6 but I could not even finish reading those quotes from the slaughterhouse workers. I was in tears. I dont even eat meat but wish there was something more I could do to stop those horrible things from happening.
someecards.com - I love the sound you make when you shut up. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Has anyone read "Skinny B!tch?"

• Options

I know... it's so sad. :-(

Are you considering following the book's eating principes? I'm trying to avoid all processed food ... not easy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageJessesGirl&MackenziesMom:

Are you considering following the book's eating principes? I'm trying to avoid all processed food ... not easy.

I haven't read the book but I agree that it's hard. We end up doing a lot of homemade stuff.  It's fun with the girls b/c they like to help but also a lot of work.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's a great book and really opened my eyes to the way that the government is involved in the food industry.  That chapter was very hard to read.
    www.moderndaysuzyhomemaker.blogspot.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I picked this book while in Target and started leafing through- well I was sobbing...I came home- and started pulling all the meat out of our freezer- my DH was like, "uhm, hon? what are you doing?"

I went veg for about a year after that...

I eat meat again but I try to limit it and we just joined a beef CSA... 

• Options
    Food Inc is great!  After seeing that, I try to only eat free range beef and chicken.  It's not always easy, but the way factory farm animals live is horrifying, so I try not to support that any more.
  • Options
    I recently became aware of the Paleo lifestyle/eating plan. I prefer it ... no processed foods, no dairy, but free range beef & chicken are okay. Also, many Paleo enthusiasts include 99% dark chocolate, wine & organic butter.... YAY!
  • Options

We don't eat processed food unless I process it myself otherwise we would be eating nothing but sqaush, apples, carrots, and potatoes during winter. Make some freezer meals to help yourself out. Pressure canning has helped me open up more freeze space too since I don't have use freezer space for things like broth any more.

• Options
    imagespiritenergy:

We don't eat processed food unless I process it myself otherwise we would be eating nothing but sqaush, apples, carrots, and potatoes during winter. Make some freezer meals to help yourself out. Pressure canning has helped me open up more freeze space too since I don't have use freezer space for things like broth any more.

I do the freezer meals. Canning is on my short list of skills to aquire in the near future. I might send a question your way if I need help. :-)

• Options
    Animal Plant Miracle is another good read. It is my dream to have a farm and live the lifestyle in the book. The family has to "process" all their own meat they raise themselves, very eye opening.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"