Attachment Parenting

used carriers

Does anyone have any recommendations of where I could find a used ERGO carrier?  I am trying to avoid paying full price if at all possible.  I have checked craigs list and Spot's corner...any other suggestions?
Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: used carriers

• Keep an eye on Spots (I know you said you already checked it) because I see them on there CONSTANTLY.
  • Thanks!  There are a few on there but the ones that are least expensive seem to go before I can get to them!  I'll keep checking.
  • Loading the player...
  • There's an Ergo Sport on there right now.... I don't know if you're opposed to the Sports. I personally don't know the difference.

There's also a Boba on there for $85. That's my top choice in carrier!
  • What is TBW?  Confused
  • imagewhosthebos:
    What is TBW?  Confused

The Baby Wearer. You have to sign up with an account and "stalk" the For Sale or Trade forums. I personally hate doing it, but I did get a Beco Butterfly 1 there for like $70 (which, at the time, I thought was an awesome price)

• Ok.  Thanks so much!  I'm determined to have one soon!
  • This one isn't "super" cheap, but it comes WITH the infant insert.

• I have that one up right now!  Although I was hoping for one in the $40-$50 range.  Now you have me interested in the Boba too.  I had finally decided to go with the ergo vs. some others I was interested in but I hadn't heard of the Boba...decisions, decisions!
  • imagewhosthebos:
    I have that one up right now!  Although I was hoping for one in the $40-$50 range.  Now you have me interested in the Boba too.  I had finally decided to go with the ergo vs. some others I was interested in but I hadn't heard of the Boba...decisions, decisions!

I personally like the Boba over the Ergo for the following reasons.

1. The Boba has the highest rise of any of the carriers I know of. This means it holds my daughter (20 months) closer to my body. She naps better in the Boba because she doesn't flop backwards. I like it better because she CAN'T flop backwards when awake.

2. I'm 5'11 and wear a size 18. I cannot get a good fit with the Ergo. I just can't get it adjusted correctly. With the Boba and the Beco, I can get them much more comfortable. Plus, the big padded waist of the Ergo pisses me off, it just digs in weird. 

I own all three: a Boba, Beco and Ergo... And that's the order I put them in. A LOT of people LOVE the Ergo, it just wasn't for us. 

Also, I think you have to have lightening fingers to get one at $40-50. If you're patient and a good stalker, you might be able to! But it may take a while (weeks to months). 

Good luck!

• imagewhosthebos:
    I have that one up right now!  Although I was hoping for one in the $40-$50 range.  Now you have me interested in the Boba too.  I had finally decided to go with the ergo vs. some others I was interested in but I hadn't heard of the Boba...decisions, decisions!

We have a Boba and got it when DD was 16mos. It IS awesome but it is designed for toddlers and I wouldn't use one for a young baby like yours. I'd stick with Ergo since it, with the insert, can accomodate young babies and has similar weight limits as the Boba. The high shell on the Boba is great for toddlers but it would swallow up an infant.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Hmmmmm, definitely things to think about.  My daughter is almost 3 months so I don't think I can actually use the ergo without an insert until 4 months, so that gives me a little bit of time to work on my lightening fingers!  We have the moby which she actually likes now that she can stick her feet out the bottom, but it's a bit more effort than I'd like for a quick trip out (i.e. I put it on at home because it's so long and can't easily take it off to nurse).  I was thinking about a ring sling because I have heard you can nurse in them more easily but she is pushing 15 pounds so I was thinking that is a bit big to start a ring sling.  I have a baby bjorn that I got at a yard sale which kills my back, but I like the ease of it.  So I guess I am looking for something that won't hurt my back, can get her in and out of quite easily and nursing in it would be a huge plus.   Thanks so much for your help!
  • I have a used Ergo Sport that I'm selling right now. PM me if you'd like more info- I had a post on Swap Spot for it about a week ago.
  • Tonya, I sent you a PM!
  • I found a used Ergo at my local baby consignment shop for $48.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagewhosthebos:
    Tonya, I sent you a PM!

PM'd you back!

• CD+ALCD+AL member
    Check your local Craigslist (baby section).  I see them on mine periodically, and they're usually pretty reasonably priced.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"