Washington Babies

Rec your fav WA beach loc. Bonus points for warm weather.

We are trying to plan a family vacation for mid August, but I dont want to fly anywhere. I would love for it to be on a beach of some kind. I really have no idea where to start, so any recs would be great. 

Also, would Oregon coast be better? It just seems like a long drive with kids.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Rec your fav WA beach loc. Bonus points for warm weather.

• Is this a day trip sort of thing?  We always went to Golden Gardens

But we camped at the beach of Lake Wenatchee, and loved that too.

Easter 2011

Largest selection of Halloween Costumes
  • The ocean water here is cold. And the weather on the coast is usually cooler. I have heard great things about lake chelan. Try there. It should be warm!
  • Loading the player...
  • We love the oregon coast, and go to Gearhart every year.  It's a 10 min drive from seaside, but in a tiny beach town away from the loud mess of seaside.  We have stayed in seaside before kids, and once with M swore we would never do it again. 

Here is where we stay/have stayed.

https://www.rivertidesuites.com/ -- Seaside

https://www.gearhartoceaninn.com/index.htm --- Gearhart

• if you want warm and it doesn't have to be ocea, do Lake Chelan. Campbells Resort is great and it's a great place to go with kids.

It's not too far of a drive either:  From you probably  2 1/2 hours. 

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • I am a HUGE fan of Lake Chelan.  You can rent a house or condo and have a kitchen - which is perfect for a family.  Check VRBO or Craigslist for privately owne places. 

If you want ocean, I hear the OR coast is nicer - Canon Beach, Seaside, etc.  I've been to the WA coast many times - but usually Ocean Shores (which is alright but older and kinda gray).  I've been hearing good things about Seabrook, which is a new community.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagem&m823:

I am a HUGE fan of Lake Chelan.  You can rent a house or condo and have a kitchen - which is perfect for a family.  Check VRBO or Craigslist for privately owne places. 

If you want ocean, I hear the OR coast is nicer - Canon Beach, Seaside, etc.  I've been to the WA coast many times - but usually Ocean Shores (which is alright but older and kinda gray).  I've been hearing good things about Seabrook, which is a new community.

THIS!  The Oregon Coast is definitely nicer then WA.  Growing up we spent many summers at Canon Beach, Seaside, and Gearhart & LOVED it!  The past couple years we have gone down to Lincoln City and Newport.  There is this place on the WA coast that I have heard reminds people of the Canon Beach area but the weather may not be great.

• Chelan for sure.
  • Chelan is awesome, but it might be hard to get a spot in Aug by now. That place books up FAST! I would try Entiat, which is close to Chelan, or Potholes, or Lake Roosevelt. Lake Parrigin is nice in August too
  • Lake Chelan is the best if you want to actually swim.  I agree that it might be really tough to find an affordable place this late.    We are going to Scenic Beach State Park this year.  It looks gorgeous and the campground is right on the water (Hood Canal).     I am lazy and can't motivate to drive all the way to OR coast.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"