Northern California Babies

what week did you start your maternity leave? nft

Re: what week did you start your maternity leave? nft

• My last day of work will be when I'm 36 weeks, 1 day.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 38w w/ G. I was supposed to go out at 38w w/ S2, but he decided that he wanted out at 37w, so I didn't go to work my last week.

Talk with your HR person. W. my company, you either use the pre-birth time off or loose it, so there was NO benefit in working 'till the end. However, other companies let you extend your leave w/ what you don't take prior.

Everyone does maternity leave just a lil' bit different. The state guidelines apply, yes. But how they implement anything around pay during that period is up to the employer.

• Loading the player...
  • My last day is tomorrow, at 37 weeks exactly.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 3 pregnancies...each time in the 36th week.
  • 36 weeks, and glad I did!

PM me for our family/baby blog

Haley Beth ~ March 3rd, 2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was put on bedrest at 30w5d.  I left work to go to an emergency appointment and didn't come back for six months.  I was on disability as of that day.  I delivered exactly 8 weeks later by cesarean so in addition to those 8 weeks, I also got 8 weeks after DS was born on state disability.  Then I took the 6 weeks bonding time from the state/EDD and after that I used some FTO to take me to 19 weeks postpartum when I went back to work. 

I had planned to work up until the end of week 38 and take 19 weeks after the birth regardless of when he was born.  The only part that changed from my prior aggreement with my employer was the start date and it didn't impact the end date for me, thankfully.

• Tried to go until 38w, but ended up starting my leave at 37w.
  • 36 weeks for both (unless I have to go out earlier this time)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm a teacher.  With Lucas I was due August 6th so I never went back to work once the new school year started (he was born August 17th).  With this one, I'm due September 19th and my first day back at work is August 11th.  I'm not sure when I'm going to go out.  My doctor would prefer me to not return at all but I'm thinking I'll work until 37 weeks...so just a few weeks back at work from summer break.
  • imageMsPurple24:
    36 weeks, and glad I did!

Most definitely....this and me too!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • i'm one of those crazy women who worked literally up to the day they delivered. my last day at work was 7/13, dd was born the next day. i was a wk overdue to boot.

Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes the eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker - Author Unknown

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• The plan was 37 weeks but I was taken out of work at 26 weeks and put on bed rest. I suspect that had I been able to stay at work I would have wanted to be out at 36 weeks given how uncomfortable I was.
  • imagepink.dutch.tulips:

i'm one of those crazy women who worked literally up to the day they delivered. my last day at work was 7/13, dd was born the next day. i was a wk overdue to boot.

• imagepink.dutch.tulips:

i'm one of those crazy women who worked literally up to the day they delivered. my last day at work was 7/13, dd was born the next day. i was a wk overdue to boot.

Another crazy person here. With K, she was due 8/19. I worked until 8/27 at 5pm and was induced on 8/28. With Emme, she was due 2/14. I worked until 2/6, and had a c/s on 2/11.

• imageSJBride05:
    Tried to go until 38w, but ended up starting my leave at 37w.
    This.
    DD1: May 2011
    DD2: February 2014

• My last scheduled day is 7/22 which will be 38w6d. I get 6 months off from work total. I don't get a certain amount of time off before and then after, just 6 months - I'd prefer to have it after the baby comes - I originally planned to work until I went into labor but several friends, my boss, and my doc encouraged a little bit of time off.

Because of some days off and the 4th, it's only 13 more week days which are going to fly by because I'm so swamped at work. I'm really hoping I don't go early b/c my work is not prepared to be handed off yet and wont be until late next week due to a big case I'm working on and have a hearing on 7/8.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had planned to work until 39.5 but had complications and was out at 37.5
  • I worked up to and including the day I delivered at exactly 40 weeks. I wanted all the leave I could get for after she was here and I am glad I did that. I'll do the same for this baby.
  • The first time around I worked until up until 38 weeks.

This time around my leaves starts tomorrow (!!!!!!!!!!!) at 35 weeks, 2 days.  However, my doctor has upped my due date by 4 days so it is actually starting at 35 weeks, 6 days.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a teacher and my 36th week fell over our week of Thanksgiving vacation so my last day of work was 35 weeks.  It was a good break point too because we had just finished up the trimester and I had finished parent conferences that week also.  I had planned to work those 3 weeks in between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but then learned that my 4 weeks before was "use it or lose it" time.  I couldn't have moved it to after my delivery so I choose to use it, and I'm sooooo glad I did.  Those few weeks off were heaven!
  • I am going to stop working next week - I'll be 39 weeks and 2 days.  Not ideal, but I can't afford the less pay that comes with maternity leave.
  • For DS, I planned to go until 38w (coincided with winter break), but he came early, so it was 35.5w.

For DD, I started at about 36w, and she gave me a 10 days at home before she arrived. 

• As soon as I could! 36 weeks both times.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"