Success after IF
Options

Central America travelers...Qs ... eDIT

So, I'm skeeved out by this. Maybe I watch too much court tv or something but I've always been weary of traveling to central America. Convince me it's safe lol! No, but really...I've heard great things about Belize and I'm interested. I'm wondering if there are "discount fares" or if it's going to be big bucks to get there. We are going to be working on a budget...I think staying in a resort would be best in a foreign country, yes? Were you ever able to ger a two bedroom place? Give me the rundown :) never mind....cheapest flights I've found are almost 700 each....too rich for my blood.

Re: Central America travelers...Qs ... eDIT

• Options

Yikes, those flights are expensive.  When we went to CR and Belize, we were able to get tix for about $400.  Too bad.  I think both countries are safe for travellers and they are so beautiful and so much fun!!

• Options

ok, 1st, tourism is HUGE down there. You have to be careful like any other place, but they are LOVING the new industry and are protecting it well. Even Colombia and Nicaragua are becoming "hot spots" I chit ya not.

Costa Rica is well-established. BUT.... most of the places have a resort in the middle of no where, and you day trip (LONG trips) to the different tourism stuff like volcanos, mudbaths, fishing, etc.  I can help more with that stuff if you head that way.

ps - there are little or no beaches in Belize. It's all sharp volcanic rock.  and keep in mind the costs of passports if you've not gotten them all.

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"