February 2011 Moms

here come the teeth...advice?

Hello!

I reallyreally think LO is starting to teeth (my mom and brother first got teeth at three months old) - what is safe to give for the pain? I heard some things (like Baby Orajel) aren't good to give a lot of, but LO is getting really fussy and the chilled teethers aren't seeming to cut it. Advice?

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: here come the teeth...advice?

• the best thing for us has been an ice cube in a mesh feeder.  He doesn?t like the chilled teethers cause they are cold on his hands, so if we use those I have to hold them.  I don?t like orajel cause it can numb their gag reflex, which scares me since everything he touches goes straight into his mouth.

He also really likes frozen washcloths, but same thing I have to hold them for him. 

Sophie also seems to be working really well.  I only give it to him when I am right there with him, and never in the car because of the choking warning.  (so far we haven?t had a problem though)

I have heard good things about amber teething necklaces, but I haven?t tried one cause I am skeptical. 

• We used the Walgreens baby tylenol.  He usually only need it 1x maybe 2x/day for 2-3 days and we would only use it if nothing else was working.  Chilled teethers will occassionally give him some relief.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Our pediatrician ok'd Tylenol when he seems really uncomfortable. (Motrin after 6 months.) Otherwise we just use teethers. My boys seem to have a tough time with the teeth. No one gets much sleep when the teeth are about to break thru. Kinda funny right now...My oldest has his first 2 lose teeth, my middle child just got his 2 year molars a few months ago and I look for the baby to have his first tooth any day now....It's never ending!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"