Trouble TTC

Furious! (rant inside) **UPDATED**

I'm positive my 3rd IVF cycle will be cancelled for the third time today.  I spent a lot of time and thought and wrote my RE an email expressing my concerns and asking questions about how things would move forward.  He basically blew it off.  His response didn't really provide a single answer!

I just don't know how I can keep doing this.  I don't think things are ever going to work out.  And, I just don't have any strength left to deal with this!

ETA - to correct typos.

UPDATE:  My cycle was officially canceled.  And, I learned absolutely nothing from the nurse.

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

Re: Furious! (rant inside) **UPDATED**

• ((hugs))
    TTC #1 Since 4/2010, Cycle 30
    Positive for HLA-B27, I'm a mutant :p
    Testing - Me ok, gluten issue? DH - borderline count, low motility
    4/28/11 IUI#1 = BFP!(5/25), EDD 2/2/12 - m/c 5w3d
    7/3, 7/31, 9/25 - IUI#2-4=BFN
    IVF#1 - 1 blast = BFP!! (12/30), EDD 9/9/12, confirmed c/p 4w2d
    FET#1 3/2/12 - 2 blasts =BFP!! EDD 11/18/12, us#1 = twins! Confirmed m/c 5w6d
    4/20-surprise BFP and another c/p 4w2d
    FET#2 7/16/12 - 2 blasts = BFN
    FET#3 8/20/12 - 1 blast - BFP!! Beta #1-2=177, 354
    1st u/s 5w6d, one beautiful little HB :), 2nd u/s 146bpm
    baby girl born 5/10/13

TTC#2 since 12/17/2014, Cycle 8
    Repeat Testing...FSH=12, AMH=3.8, AFC=28. 
    IUI#5 5/10/15- c/p?
    IVF#2 8/19/15 - cancelled due to cysts
    IVF#2 take two 10/2015 - 5 blasts frozen
    FET#4 12/11/2015 - BFN - 4 blasts remaining
    FET#5 2/18/16 - BFP!!!  Beta1-3, 126, 250, 745!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tons of love and ((hugs)) to my IF sister NMscubagirl

• I'm so sorry hun. ((hugs))

I know you went back to your previous RE because of the free cycle. Did you get an answer as to whether you would still get the free cycle if you were cancelled again?

Will your new RE offer any input in order to help you be able to move forward?

I was really hoping you were finally going to be able to cycle this month.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Sending you big hugs.  As if IF isn't tough enough, it's got to be even tougher when your RE doesn't seem to be helpful.
  • ((HUGS))
  • I am so sorry STL ((hugs))  I truly hope they don't cancel your cycle again.
    <3 Tons of love and hugs to Ricola & Baby Alex <3 <br> MySweetBaboo, IRL friend, always rooting for Baboo #2, love ya girl!<3 <br> 7.7.11 BFP | 3.19.12 EDD | 3.14.12 Baby Girl's BDay
    | Purse Blog |
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ((Huge Hugs)) Sorry you're going through this.

IUI#3 brought us our dragon baby Z

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTCAL January 2015 Siggy Challenge: Animal Snow Interactions 

• I am so sorry! I am angry and annoyed for you as well. ((hugs))
    Infertility, Life & Loss Blog
    imageimage
    Love & luck to my 3TC girls. Congrats to Omega-The boys are here!
    If there's one thing I've learned while waiting my turn,
    it's that in each life some rain falls but you also get some sun.
    After 2 years & 2 losses, our little man arrived 8-2011.
  • STL34STL34 member
    imagesoftbalangel:

I'm so sorry hun. ((hugs))

I know you went back to your previous RE because of the free cycle. Did you get an answer as to whether you would still get the free cycle if you were cancelled again?  No.  That is one of the questions he didn't answer.

Will your new RE offer any input in order to help you be able to move forward?  If I stay with the current RE to get to use this "free" cycle, input from my second opinion RE won't make a difference.  I still have to follow the instructions of the RE running the cycle and he doesn't really seem to take input.  The thing that bothers me the most is that it is his protocol that is causing this to happen and he won't let me just wait for a freakin period and continue with the cycle.  A body really can't take this start and stop, start and stop and be expected to continue!

I was really hoping you were finally going to be able to cycle this month.

imageimage

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

• ((Hugs)) I hope you can get some answers soon.
    TTC #1 12.2009 BFP #1 7.2.2011 Baby Girl 3.17.2012
    Cycle 11 - Clomid 100mg + Follistim + hCg trigger + IUI= BFP!
    Beta/P4 #1(13dpo): 94.5/47, Beta/P4 #2 (17dpo): 625/19.5, Beta/P4 #3 (19dpo): 1285/18.2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP Chart
  • ((Hugs))
  • ((hugs)) I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for you.
    TTC since August 2009
    June/July 2011 - IVF #1 - Transfer cancelled due to OHSS
    23 perfect embryos. All 23 made it to freezing!
    September/October - FET #1 - October 12th - 2 Grade A embies
    October 20th - BFP??! EDD - July 1, 2012
    Beta #1 = 154, Beta #2 = 352 Beta #3 = 3,800
    U/S #2 - November 14th = 133 bpm! U/S #3 & 4 - November 30th and December 7th = 163 bpm! U/S#5 - January 30th - TEAM PINK!!!
    Baby Sweets born on her due date!
  • ((HUGE HUGS)) I am so sorry. I hope you get some answers real soon, and I truly hope this cycle wont be cancelled.
    TTC #1 since 6/2010
    8 IUIs - 3 Cancelled cycles - 1 Ectopic Pregnancy with Left tube removal = A broken heart
    IVF #1 : Fall 2012
    15R - 13M - 13F w/ICSI - Transferred 2 day 5 blasts = BFP!!!
    8 Frosties!
    Beta #1: 135, Beta #2: 312, Beta #3: 996
    10/21: Saw one beautiful flickering heartbeat! EDD: 6/12/13
    ?S/PAIFW?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimageBabyFruit Ticker

• Huge hugs.  I'm sorry you are having to deal with all these delays and that your RE wasn't more helpful.  Sorry to hear your free cycle may be in jeopardy.  I know you visited another RE- any chance you could cycle there even though it isn't free so you could have a new set of eyes and ears rooting you on, or maybe a different protocol?  T&P that everything will work out for you and IVF #3 can happen for you soon.  Please don't give up- there is always a way.  Dh wanted to give up and I wouldn't let him... have faith.
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • ((HUGS)). I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. And pizzed that you took the time to write and he just blew you off. You'd think he'd realize how difficult IF is.. especially getting cancelled... and have some compassion. I'm sorry your RE is being a jerk, hon. All I can offer are HUGS.

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

• I am so angry for you!!  This is NOT fair that you have to go through this and the RE isn't being responsive and brushing you off.  Does he not realize this is a big deal to you??  Grrrrrrrrr.  Don't give up hon!!  You've come too far to give up...keep fighting for this!!  It will happen for you!!  BIG ((((HUGS))))
    Happy Ever After August 2, 2008
    TTC since April 2009 * m/c August '09 6w3d
    HSG Sept. 2010: both tubes blocked
    IVF#1 November 2010: BFN
    FET#1 January 2011: BFN
    IVF#2 April 2011: BFN
    IVF#3 June 2011: BFP!
    1st BETA 107; 2nd BETA 227; 3rd BETA 515
    m/c August 1st 10w1d
    **SAIFW**
  • I am so sorry that you are continually having to deal with this frustration! I really hope everything ends up working out. You ARE stronger than you think though.

(((HUGE HUGS)))

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• (((hugs))) Would you consider looking into another practice? It seems like their inflexibility (i.e cycling everyone together in blocks) has caused a lot of your strife in getting this cycle on the road. I am so sorry this has turned into such a giant PITA and that your RE is so dismissive (it seems to me he is likely being dismissive because he is unable to provide clear answers, but still - not cool!).
    IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
  • Oh STL!  I'm so sorry {{{{BIG HUGE HUGS}}}

I know you said you had an appt with the RE next week and I hope and pray it provides you with some answers.

Would you consider going to Dr P and cycling or going to stick with Dr. A and see what the appt reveals?  Hang in there--I'm thinking about ya

• STL34STL34 member
    imageKdgTeacher:

Oh STL!  I'm so sorry {{{{BIG HUGE HUGS}}}

I know you said you had an appt with the RE next week and I hope and pray it provides you with some answers.

Would you consider going to Dr P and cycling or going to stick with Dr. A and see what the appt reveals?  Hang in there--I'm thinking about ya

At this point, everything is going to depend on my next appointment.  

I won a physician fee waived cycle with Dr. A.  If I use this cycle, then we could afford this cycle and one more.  If I don't use this cycle, we can only afford the one more (especially with as much as I have spent on this cycle).  When I was going to Dr. P, I discussed the physician fee waived cycle with him and he agreed it was something I shouldn't pass up.  Dr. P thinks I should give my first IVF protocol another try.  So, who better to do that with than the doctor that performed it.  If it doesn't work this time, Dr. P has a different protocol in mind.  But, if I go to Dr. P before having repeated my first protocol, that is what he would want to do.  So, if it looks like they are going to work with me a little more to make sure I actually get to cycle the next time around, I will give Dr. A another shot.  I really don't want to put all of our eggs back into one basket just yet!

imageimage

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

• I'm so sorry girl.  I am F#!$ing pissed for you!!
  • imageSTL34:
    imageKdgTeacher:

Oh STL!  I'm so sorry {{{{BIG HUGE HUGS}}}

At this point, everything is going to depend on my next appointment.  

I won a physician fee waived cycle with Dr. A.  If I use this cycle, then we could afford this cycle and one more.  If I don't use this cycle, we can only afford the one more (especially with as much as I have spent on this cycle).  When I was going to Dr. P, I discussed the physician fee waived cycle with him and he agreed it was something I shouldn't pass up.  Dr. P thinks I should give my first IVF protocol another try.  So, who better to do that with than the doctor that performed it.  If it doesn't work this time, Dr. P has a different protocol in mind.  But, if I go to Dr. P before having repeated my first protocol, that is what he would want to do.  So, if it looks like they are going to work with me a little more to make sure I actually get to cycle the next time around, I will give Dr. A another shot.  I really don't want to put all of our eggs back into one basket just yet!

Interesting that Dr P thinks your should repeat the same protocol but that he would like to try a different protocol too. 

I hope Dr. A gives great detailed answers and the fee waved cycle works out for you!

• I'm sorry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"