Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Balance bike or tricycle for DD's 2nd bday?

Part of me wants to get her a tricycle b/c it's so traditionally toddler, but I've heard so many great things about balance bikes that I'm starting to lean that way.  Any recommendations from you ladies?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Balance bike or tricycle for DD's 2nd bday?

• Options
    The Schwinn Roadster Tricyle has been the best investment for dd!! I mean, they have to learn how to pedal, right?? I am intrigued by the balance bike... but thrilled w/ the Schwinn!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Lurking...

I would say it depends on your goal. If you want your kid to ride a bike without training wheels then I would say get a balance bike. The difficult part in regards to a bike is learning how to balance not pedal. That being said, we started LO out on a Super Mopi (they also have to learn how to balance) when he was 10 months old and he has been riding his balance bike very well for a little over two weeks, he will be 2 in a little over two weeks. He would have been on it sooner but he was not tall enough. We got him the KTM Strider.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree w/ pp, it depends on your goal.  If skipping training wheels is what you want, then go with the balance bike.  We decide to go with a trike for DD's 2nd birthday, and I have no regrets.  Kids can go much faster on the balance bikes, and I knew I wasn't going to be up for that since I was pg when DD turned 2 and I would be able to chase her while pg or while carring the new LO.  She loves her trike and could care less that it isn't a balance bike.  I think we might go with a balance bike at 3.  She might not use it all that long, but we can always pass it on to DD2.
  • Options

imagemaple2:
    I agree w/ pp, it depends on your goal.  If skipping training wheels is what you want, then go with the balance bike.  We decide to go with a trike for DD's 2nd birthday, and I have no regrets.  Kids can go much faster on the balance bikes, and I knew I wasn't going to be up for that since I was pg when DD turned 2 and I would be able to chase her while pg or while carring the new LO.  She loves her trike and could care less that it isn't a balance bike.  I think we might go with a balance bike at 3.  She might not use it all that long, but we can always pass it on to DD2.

You make a great point!  I'm pregnant and am not going to want to be chasing her around too much!  Plus, she's a little timid about not having both feet on the ground. I'm thinking I like the look of the Schwinn.  I like the idea of the balance bike next year.  Thanks, ladies! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have a Kettler Oceana trike that was mispricedd on amazon for a while ($90, not the $150 it goes for now). We still haven't had to extend it and DS will get another year probably out of it. He road his friends radio flyer and tipped it several times. The Kettler style ones have a lower center of gravity. We are going to get a balance bike this year.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"