Success after IF
Options

fever wouldn't go away w/motrin,she puked-UPDATE!

UPDATE::::::::She has Coxsackie :(  I know its not dangerous, but dang it! That explains why she her tongue hurt, throat and mouth, the sores must hurt her and no wonder she was so fussy, and now I remember noticing her tongue seemed awfully white, kind of like when she was a newborn after nursing but I don't have that much milk anymore to make her tongue so white. So if your LO had this, how did you make them comfortable? I already got some info from Dr. sears, but would love to hear your experience with this illness..how long did it last?TIA:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

It was a bad night. When I came home from work, DD was very was still warm. She told me her tummy hurt, was covering her mouth and said she wanted to use the potty. As I stood her in front of the toilet while I prepared her potty, she threw up in the toilet. When fever hit 102, we hit her with motrin and it didn't help much. We ended up giving her a lukewarm bath and that did the trick! She was still warm most of the night but not burning up. Its amazing what a lukewarm bath and cool compress to the heard can do to bring down a fever!

This morning she isn't as warm. I can tell she is hungry but afraid to eat. She is drinking plenty of water and had some milk.

So what do you think? Just a virus, ear infection, stomach virus, throat?  DH is taking her in around 10:30 today and we will find out. If her fever wasn't so high with motrin in her system, I would've waited one more day to take her to pedi. But she has always responded well to motrin, so this is a first!

I have to say that now that she is 2, I don't  get sooo scared and anxious when she gets sick. I still worry and want nothing but for her to get better, but if this was a year ago, I would be crying, taking the day off from work and total hot mess!!!

Re: fever wouldn't go away w/motrin,she puked-UPDATE!

• Options

Sounds like a virus.

I'd pass on any more milk and push gatorade, toast, or crackers.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    CHI-06CHI-06 member

Honestly based on what you said I wouldn't be blinking an eye and wouldn't be taking her in yet... but it obviously doesn't hurt to go in and see what's going on.  Hopefully it's just a virus that will pass... and good thing she only threw up once!

Hope she feels better soon!

Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageRoxBride:

Sounds like a virus.

I'd pass on any more milk and push gatorade, toast, or crackers.

I try all these things and she never takes them. All she will do is drink water, nurse and drink some milk. I don't like to give milk, especially if its a tummy thing but since she only threw up once and seemed to tolerate the milk, I let her have it. The pedi said I can nurse in small sessions...hoping its passing..thanks!

• Options
    imageCHI-06:

Honestly based on what you said I wouldn't be blinking an eye and wouldn't be taking her in yet... but it obviously doesn't hurt to go in and see what's going on.  Hopefully it's just a virus that will pass... and good thing she only threw up once!

Hope she feels better soon!

I was tempted to pass on the pedi visit but the last time she had a really high fever she had an ear infection, so I worry it might be that again. If she has a mild ear infection, the pedi will most likely give me a script for antibiotics and tell me I can  wait to see if she gets better on her own, if not ,fill the prescription..

Believe me, I am amazed I am not a complete mess. I am actually handling this better than usual. Especially after that mom on the toddler board lost her baby to what seemed to be just a high fever. I know I shouldn't think of these things but I do. I am that crazy super anxious mom that cries for any little thing...Thanks for the well wishes!

• Options
    We normally wouldn't take Cal in for those symptoms...however, given that you said yesterday you thought her throat hurt, and then she vomited, I would wonder about strep.  I know vomiting can be a symptom of strep.  So, you might want to get a throat culture.  I hope she's well again, soon!
    Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Paige woke up with the same symptoms today. We had to take her in b/c of her having heart surgery in March. She seemed okay but the doc thinks it might be Coxsaicie ( no idea how to spell it). Although we didn't see any sores but she said it could still be early and it's going around. She said there's also a fever virus going around that lasts 3 to 5 days. I gave her tylenol and it went down but right on que at 4 hours it was up. It's going to be a long night!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"