Infertility

Timing for TT and SHG

The last step we have to do before we start IVF is the TT and SHG.  I called today and the receptionist was no help.  I thought I recalled the RE requesting it be performed between CD3-7.  The receptionist wasnt sure so she checked and told me "after your cycle, but before day 12".  Today is CD1 so I asked for Tues morning.  She asked if that would be after my cycle...Huh? I was confused and told her that since today is my first day of my cycle, technically yesterday was the last day.  Her response was "sorry, I mean your menstrual cycle". I asked if she meant actual bleeding and she said yes.  Well, the only available time is CD 7.  Usually I don't have bleeding then, but occasionally I am still spotting or having a very light flow.  Does anyone know if this will be a problem?  The receptionist was clueless and I didn't want her to not schedule me so I didn't bother to ask. I really don't want to wait another damn month!!

Edit: to make sense

*** Sisterwife with JenniferLuvsCandy! can't wait to meet your LO!***
***Congrats to Kristin15172004 on your adorable baby girl!***
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Timing for TT and SHG

• I'm not 100% sure on the answer to your question but wanted to say sorry you had to deal with that!  I hope the rest of your testing goes smoothly and you get to move on to IVF and get your BFP!

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Due to using an RE out of country and having all my appts scheduled, then AF being a day late (thanks b!tch), I was in the exact same position. I was on the last day of super light bleeding/spotting for both my mock transfer and SHG and it was not a problem. With the SHG they saw some lining floating in the uterus that they just had to check extra carefully to ensure that it wasn't a polyp, so it took a couple of seconds longer, but that was the only complication.

2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you!  That makes me feel much better.
    *** Sisterwife with JenniferLuvsCandy! can't wait to meet your LO!***
    ***Congrats to Kristin15172004 on your adorable baby girl!***
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"