Austin Babies

High Chairs

I need a high chair for Olivia, and the cheapest yet comfortable/functionable one possible.

Bumbo and attach-to-table chairs are out.

I've read the Ikia has one for $25 that can be stuck in the shower to be cleaned. But it's all plastic and doesn't seem comfortable. Any experience?

What high chair do you have and like?

TIA!

Re: High Chairs

• I got one of the ikea chairs and I loved it but my son didn't. He is small so he couldn't really get comfortable in it, I think he needed more padding in it to keep him near the tray. Does that make sense at all? But, I think it's cute and easy to clean. I kept it though because in a couple of months when he is bigger, I am going to try it again. 

I bought one of the Chicco ones off of Craigslist and I love it. I think it was $60 and it's easy to clean and folds up relatively small.

When my older 2 got to be a year, I always just used the FP Boosters that attach to a regular chair. I think they are like $40. They are easy to clean and easy to transport in case you need it when you are out of town. 

• We have the chicco one that attaches to our island. It's awesome. Small, easy to clean and it can go on almost any table. We love it. I think it was $50 at bbbaby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsRosie:

we have this one for L too and absolutely love it.  I started with a more expensive high chair that had all this padding and it was a PITA to clean (this one). i got L the healthy care deluxe booster when he was about 18m and it is the best thing ever - i wish i'd gotten it from the start.  it's so easy to clean and is portable enough to take to dinner at family and friend's houses.  plus it was cheap!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • we have the ikea one and we're on kid #3 in it.  no one seemed to dislike it in our house.  the price was right and i prefer things to be streamlined and white in our house.  impractical with 3 kids as it may be, i like the way it looks :)

though i never put it in the shower (??) i just wipe it down :)

• I believe Galaxy Cafe has the Ikea ones if you wanted to take her there for a test drive. We have the FP space saver and have been happy with it. DD still uses it to sit at the table.
  • Fischer Price Space Saver Booster!!!!

I found out about it on this board thanks to the lovely ladies on it. For reals - it is awesome. 

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Space-Saver-High-Chair/dp/B000BXAI08

• imageChandley:

Fischer Price Space Saver Booster!!!!

I found out about it on this board thanks to the lovely ladies on it. For reals - it is awesome. 

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Space-Saver-High-Chair/dp/B000BXAI08

We have this one as well and love it!  

• We have the Ikea one at our house for Emily to use and she likes it just fine.  Now Kate has some serious thigh chub and that combined with the cloth diapers means she doesn't really fit in it now though she did when she was younger.  
  • imagebalihaigirl:

imageMrsRosie:

it's so easy to clean and is portable enough to take to dinner at family and friend's houses.  plus it was cheap!!

Ease to clean and portability have helped make this one a winner for us.  We're now using it for Kid #2, and it's worked great for both of them.

We also have an Argington high chair that I bought on one of the deal websites for less than $100. It is similar to a Stokke Tripp Trapp.  We got it for DD once she got bigger.  It's adjustable, so we could use it at the table or the counter.  She uses her Learning Tower now when she eats, but DS will use it once he gets a little steadier. 

• We love our Boon! It is super easy to clean and we love the way it looks. It is pricey, bit you might be able to find one on Craigslist.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ikea has inserts for their highchairs if you think it looks uncomfy.

H used them in sweden a lot when he was little, then we bought a chair that attaches to the table :)

we have a stokke now we got on craigslist. but that's neither here nor there. 

Ikea chairs are great :)

• We had the FP Space Saver and when DD used it as a "high chair" it was perfect.  Once we transitioned it to a booster and tried to pull her up to the table it didn't work for us anymore (it wouldn't fit under our table).  I eventually sold it and got the Tripp Trapp - which I had wanted all along anyways.  I loooooove it.
  • Love the Space Saver. Especially that you can put the tray in the dishwasherYes
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagetxbabs111:
    I believe Galaxy Cafe has the Ikea ones if you wanted to take her there for a test drive. We have the FP space saver and have been happy with it. DD still uses it to sit at the table. 

This!  I loved using these at Galaxy and DS didn't seem to mind it while I tried to scarf down some food.  Oh if only I had more space at home. 

At home we have the Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster Seat.  Love it and love that i can just fold the back down and take it with us on trips to my parent's house.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"