April 2011 Moms

I'm not done with just one.

I feel like this has hit me like a ton of bricks this week. Every night I'm dreaming of being pregnant again. DH and I thought we'd only have one child, but I don't think I'm done. The desire to have another child, to give DD a sibling, to enjoy being pregnant one last time (even though it wasn't all roses)  is really strong. Maybe the feeling will pass but as of right now, I think I want another one.

I have to talk to DH this weekend. I don't think he doesn't want two but since I'm almost 36 (not old, I know) we thought we'd have our one child and be done. Maybe not.

Anyone else thinking they were done but now reconsidering?

TTC #2
BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
ME: 40 yrs.old
DH: 41 yrs.old
DD: 5 yrs.

Re: I'm not done with just one.

• Nope. Having an infant has reconfirmed my "one and done" status.

But good luck with your decision!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageManiacMcGee:

Nope. Having an infant has reconfirmed my "one and done" status.

But good luck with your decision!  

For realz! lol H and I look at each other every once in awhile & confirm this statement. Violet is a wonderful baby girl & a blessing in our lives, but I don't think we can handle this rollercoaster again! lol

But hey - I think it's awesome you guys are considering expanding to one more! :)

• Loading the player...
  • kje120kje120 member
    I always wanted two. When Andrew was a newborn I was thinking 'I could never handle a newborn and a toddler at the same time'.  Now that he is STTN and being such a good baby I am back to wanting two.  I really want him to have a sibling - just not sure when.  I'll be 35 this year so if we're going to do it we can't wait too long.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • KMAXONKMAXON member
     I always wanted 3.  Now that I have one, I can't wait to have another one.  Everything I have experienced with this LO just makes me so excited to meet the next one too.   I'm not ready anytime soon, but I think it will be more like 2 years than the 3-4 I had been thinking.
    But three things remain: faith, hope and love; the greatest of these is love. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nope. Not done. Far from it! We want at least one more, most likely 2!

Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • vanfoxvanfox member
    I said over and over I'd be one and done until I got pregnant and wound up loving it. Now that I have an almost-three-month old, I still want another one. Luckily, DH always wanted two, though he was okay with just going along with my one. Now we have to figure out timing. I still don't want them too close together, but I'm 33 so I also don't want them too far apart.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We went into all of this (marriage and getting PG) thinking we wanted 1 or 2, but leaning toward 1. 1st tri. I was sure I would never do it again. 2nd tri I was even more sure. 3rd tri I was already sad about never being pg again. Once I had Linus I knew we weren't done. I just can't fathom only having one. It just doesn't feel right for our family.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • We're not done either!  When we got pregnant, I was scared and not sure if I'd know what to do with one, if I'd be a good mother.  But I love being a mom and every time I look at Leo, I know without a doubt that I want a sibling for him.  My husband has said from the start he wants 2.  I'll be 36 next week, so we probably shouldn't wait too long :)
  • I always said I wanted 1 well behaved boy....well, I got my boy but the first 6 weeks were terrible!! He does STTN but is a bit of a crab-a$#$ most of the other times.  DH keeps thinking aloud "why would anyone do this more than once?!".  I kind of still think a sibling would be nice, but we'll see how this one is as he grows.
  • I am wavering back and forth... I always thought 1 but love her so much, enjoyed pregnancy way more than expected and would like her to have a sibling. But the reality of daycare x 2, possible recovery from a c-section again, while taking care of a toddler and newborn are overwhelming.

If I had two I would likely quit my job to stay home with them. I'd be giving up my career and pension which would be tough. I am not sure I am cut out to be a SAHM but the cost of daycare might not be worth me working. I work from home 3 days a week which sounds ideal, but will be difficult to watch 1 let alone 2 if I had another while doing design work. I've told DH we might need to look at a nanny which seems over the top and way too expensive but I can't see any other solution.

All that being said, I have tucked away my maternity clothes as I guess I am still undecided Wink

BabyFruit Ticker
  • EcyEcy member

I battle with this question all the time. I don't know why I worry about it so much as our DD hasn't even been here very long. I just know that if we do it again, I want it to be in the next year so they are close together and I can be done. I just turned 33 and while I know you can have babies much after this, it's a personal choice for me to be done by 35.

What to do...what to do?  I wish I knew our next baby would be as easy as our DD and then I'd probably be more inclined to get pregnant again.  I also want her to have a sibling but don't want to put us in a financial bind with having two. We do one so well Smile

• We definitely want one more, possibly two. We talked about it last night and agreed to stop preventing when Sam's 6 months old (I have fertility issues, we're not likely to get pregnant easily or I'd wait longer) and start talking about actually timing and temping again when he's around 9-12 months
  • I have an almost 2 year old and of course our 3 month old and i most definitely want at least one more, probably two more! Luckily my MIL takes care of our kids so our Daycare expense is not outrageous and we are able to have a big family. We decided after Julianna that we would wait a little longer for the next one. But last night i started missing being pregnant again. I love that feeling of always having another life with me. I know we have to wait though :(
  • We've always wanted at least two. I'm on Mat leave till March and then I have to wait about a year before I can go on Mat leave again (I have to have a certain number of hours worked so I can get the maximum amount) so it'll be a good 2 years between kids.
  • actually yes! I dont feel done...but DH is insistent on only 2
  • I want DD to have a sibling but I don't ever want to deal w/ TTC, pregnancy or miscarriage again. So I don't know.
  • I always said I would be one & done.  Then I started wavering on that a bit, but I am realistic enough to know that it would kill us financially.  Then DH had a vasectomy 3 weeks ago.  My depo shot wears off in August, by then he should be shooting blanks.  But I will admit that right after DH had the vasectomy I did get a little nostalgic about the fact I will never be pregnant again and that my days of squishing/snuggling a little one are numbered.
  • In theory, we'd like a 2nd, but it's too soon for it to be feesible or even seem like a good idea lol! We decided we would enjoy this 1st year with Nora and discuss it when she's a year old. Even then, we'd probably need to wait until she was about 2 to TTC (for logistical and financial purposes).

Right now, my "have a 2nd baby cut-off" is when I'm 38 and DH 45. I'm currently 34 and DH is 41.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• If we have one, it will be a while--like 3 or 4 years. I'm 34 now, but we were just at a birthday party for my friend's daughter, and two other friends who just had their first babies were there, and I was the youngest one. They're something like 38 and 42. So I don't feel like I'm in any big rush or anything. (We're all in careers where we had to be this age to have kids.) 

I even sort of "lurked" on Pregnant after 35 just to see what the board is like, which is hilarious since I was counting down the days to going back to work and getting some time away from Liam.

I definitely want to accomplish some career/personal goals before I actually get PG again. My mom had four kids and wrote only one book, and I don't want to see my life going that way.

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• vilarovilaro member
    WOW - thanks for all the responses guys. It's amazing how things can change or not change once we have our babies. All that to say, I think it'll be a couple of years if we do actually try for number two - but the next step will be to talk with DH about it. Stick out tongue
    TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• imagebiblionerd:
    We went into all of this (marriage and getting PG) thinking we wanted 1 or 2, but leaning toward 1. 1st tri. I was sure I would never do it again. 2nd tri I was even more sure. 3rd tri I was already sad about never being pg again. Once I had Linus I knew we weren't done. I just can't fathom only having one. It just doesn't feel right for our family.

This lol.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I knew that, even how much I hated pg and delivery with DS, I wanted another baby. We had never planned to only have one, always 2 and then adopt 2, but I felt how you do. Now that we have 2 I am definitely done. I'd still like to adopt in the future but we'll see how the money plays out with that.
    Old nestie, new name: formerly ckolak:-)
    imageimage
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Mama's Gonna Buy You A Mockingbird
  • NannaNanna member
    I thought for sure I would feel done with 3, but I don't.  I don't think DH is on board for a fourth so we probably are finished.  But I would go for one more if DH wanted to!
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"