3rd Trimester
Options

Lower back pain?

So i've been feeling pretty great the entire pregnancy up until today when I started experiencing lower back pain. I had my weekly NST this morning, as well as a regular OB appt (U/S - f/u to random spotting) and everything was normal as always. The back pain didn't come til later in the day though.

I had DH rub my back which seemed to help a little but now it's bad enough that I can't sleep. I feel like LO is kicking/punching me a lot lower than normal too, and it hurts - it never has before.

Should I be concerned or is this normal? Do you think LO has dropped?/is this what you felt when baby dropped? I will be 33wks tomorrow. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lower back pain?

• Options
    From what I have read, baby drops around week 33/34. I have had a lot of lower back pain lately as well. My doc thinks that baby is low enough to be sitting right on my sciatic nerve. If you're really concerned, don't be afraid to call your doc. Best of luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lower back pain is a normal symptom of pregnancy.  I wish I could give you some advice - I've been dealing with it for weeks now myself. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    oh glorious back pain...The only thing that helps me is sitting in a recliner with a pillow behind my back. The counter pressure feels great for me. Try a heating pad on low as well, and make sure you lay on your sides not your back
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    rwri10rwri10 member

Ohh I have had back pain for weeks now and I am only at 31 weeks now. My OB said it's completely normal and expected. It could be baby dropping, but try sleeping on your side with a pillow between your legs... and heating pad in increments of 20 min and Tylenol. I've found that sitting makes it worse. Back pain is no joke! Hang in there!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageamyegunnip:
    From what I have read, baby drops around week 33/34. I have had a lot of lower back pain lately as well. My doc thinks that baby is low enough to be sitting right on my sciatic nerve. If you're really concerned, don't be afraid to call your doc. Best of luck!

Just so you don't worry if your baby doesn't drop soon, mine still hasn't as of my appointment this past Wednesday at 36w6d.  Different for everyone! =]

As for sciatic pain, I have had it throughout my whole 2nd and 3rd trimester, so that can happen long before baby drops too.  I did, however, have an issue with it before pregnancy as well - just not daily like it has been while pregnant.

OP, I hope everything goes ok!  Even without my sciatic pain, I have been having an increase in regular back pain lately.  I think it's just all of the added pressure and weight.  Same with lower pain - as you get later in pregnancy, you get a lot more pressure down there as well.  I'm guessing your pain is normal, but definitely call your doctor with any worries!  Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"